JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Right Brained vs Left Brain Illusion Test (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/27920-right-brained-vs-left-brain-illusion-test.html)

Klint 09-27-2009 08:00 PM

Right Brained vs Left Brain Illusion Test

Is it spinning clockwise, or counter-clockwise?

Personally I see it spinning clockwise, though if I look at it at the right moment it seems to spin counter-clockwise. Maybe that means I'm both right and left brained. :confused:

Oh well, I still don't think there's enough research about this theory to find it convincing.

Aniki 09-27-2009 08:21 PM

This video is awesome. A minute ago I wanted say it's bullsh*t, because she's spinning clockwise now matter how I look at it (without the help), but after I watched it the second time, she was spinning in both ways.

Allene7 09-27-2009 08:24 PM

I can see it spinning both ways. At first I could only see it spinning counter clockwise but then I started the video over a little ways into it and I saw it spinning clockwise. Each time I started the video over it switched which way I was seeing. How weird!

iPhantom 09-27-2009 08:28 PM

You can change it by yourself. Try focus on her standing leg and you can. I've got used to it now. There's a site with an infinite loop of the video. Can't be bothered to search for it.

Allene7 09-27-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhantom (Post 773916)
You can change it by yourself. Try focus on her standing leg and you can. I've got used to it now. There's a site with an infinite loop of the video. Can't be bothered to search for it.

I tried to do that and stared at her leg for a long time but I couldn't get it to change. It only changed when I started the video over. I don't have the patience or willingness to stare any longer, lol.

Piddy 09-27-2009 08:35 PM

At first I thought it was fake, because with the help lines it was so obvious which direction it was spinning at, but when I compared them for a few minutes, I realised that it's for real! So scary! I saw it as clockwise ^^

darksyndrem 09-27-2009 08:37 PM

wow I saw it as clockwise first...and couldn't get it to go counter-clockwise for the longest time O_O

Klint 09-27-2009 08:40 PM

^I found a site that has a looped GIF of it.
At one point while I was staring at this, it looked like she was alternating between clockwise and counter-clockwise every half revolution, so it looked like she was constantly bouncing back and forth. :D

The Spinning Silhouette Optical Illusion

IamKira 09-27-2009 08:55 PM

This all depends on perspective... as the viewer, we see the girl from the side.. i.e. there is no allocation as per the way she turns... if you imagine her from the top, she will be spinning clockwise.. from the bottom -counterclockwise.
most of us immediately think clockwise because we would rather view her from a high vantage point... it's only natural because we like to increase our dominance over others as much as possible. a high vantage point is one method of making the impression of superiority. simply human nature.
also, to view someone or something from below is usually more disorientating than from above...:rheart:

iPhantom 09-27-2009 08:59 PM

Try rotate your finger pointing at the leg that is rotating. change your finger direction and follow that direction with your eyes. It's easy to change.