JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   why is a phone necessary in ur life`s? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/28082-why-phone-necessary-ur-life%60s.html)

dogsbody70 08-21-2010 02:34 PM

how strange. surely if your friend is with you you would prefer to speak to each other rather than resort to texting or phoning. seems crazy to me the way so many youngsters walk along. mobile in hand- ignoring each other physically.

"Nowt as queer as folk as" they say in Yorkshire.

dogsbody70 08-21-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery (Post 825021)
That's another big reason. Land lines are over. My family hasn't had a landline since like 2005. Everyone had a cell phone. If an application asks for a home phone, I would normally put my father's cell since I know he'd take a call for me, and the I'd use my personal cell as my cell phone option.

Ah well I like my Landline. Its darned cheaper than mobile phones. I can rely on it too.

I use my mobile for emergencies but nothing else.

ForReal 08-21-2010 03:38 PM

and land lines are a hole lot safer also as it`s at home and dont have to werry about mins or going over ur mins

komitsuki 08-22-2010 06:32 PM

I personally rely very much on emails over cellphone. Yeah, it's a cost-cutting habit.

ForReal 10-21-2010 12:04 AM

not if ur in the middle of nowhere

CoolNard 10-21-2010 12:57 AM

"To stay connected", or mainly, maintain access to facebook/JF/etc. :D

Suki 10-21-2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolNard (Post 833911)
"To stay connected", or mainly, maintain access to facebook/JF/etc. :D

Psh. Get a life... :rolleyes: :mtongue:

Me, I have one so that I can be reached anytime but don't really use it that much. As a matter of fact (and some of you guys are gonna hate me for that and call me a snob) I have an iPhone (not that I actually bought one, it was a present from my uncle) and the alarm clock app is the only use I get from it. So yeah, I have an iPhone I use for waking up, and accept it, that makes me cooler than y'all :cool:

dogsbody70 10-21-2010 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suki (Post 833990)

Me, I have one so that I can be reached anytime but don't really use it that much. As a matter of fact (and some of you guys are gonna hate me for that and call me a snob) I have an iPhone (not that I actually bought one, it was a present from my uncle) and the alarm clock app is the only use I get from it. So yeah, I have an iPhone I use for waking up, and accept it, that makes me cooler than y'all :cool:

H aha why does that make you cooler than everyone else?

whats so cool about it?

CoolNard 10-21-2010 12:34 PM

@dogsbody70 Suki probably meant it as a joke, don't take her too seriously at moments like this. :mtongue:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suki (Post 833990)

Hey... that hurt... You guys are my life... :pinkbow:

dogsbody70 10-21-2010 01:06 PM

Okay-- guess I am in the dark ages when we didn't have the luxury of phone contact at all. anything urgent was sent by telegram. Usually telling a mother that her son had been killed in the war.

I just get so amused by seeing so many youngsters pressing their text facilities rather than actually talk to one another face to face.

Most of our public phone boxes are closed-- yet we used to rely on them such a lot.

times sure are changing.

When I visit the grand children-- they are spending too much time on their latest gadget to even lift their head and say HI.