JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   why is a phone necessary in ur life`s? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/28082-why-phone-necessary-ur-life%60s.html)

Sinestra 10-08-2009 08:28 PM

I dont use mine much maybe to check my email if im on the run of if im stuck somewhere i browse the net but honestly i sometimes i hate carrying it around.

darksyndrem 10-08-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinestra (Post 775936)
I dont use mine much maybe to check my email if im on the run of if im stuck somewhere i browse the net but honestly i sometimes i hate carrying it around.

This is what I find weird.

spicytuna 10-08-2009 08:53 PM

I love my iPhone!

I never really used my old cell phone except for emergencies but having data capabilities takes the cell phone to a new level. For example, bringing up an airline flight status while driving to the airport, using Google Maps to find an address, checking the weather, monitoring stocks, etc.

hippykiller1 10-08-2009 09:18 PM

I just got rid of my cellphone, it was my only phone.

I hardly got any calls or made any calls. It was hard to justify paying for a service I rarely use. If there is an emergency, I'll just handle it like I would have before I had a cellphone.

Plus, I'm kind of a technophobe.

sanja321 10-08-2009 09:29 PM

Casue its connection peoplein a second from any part of the world and also its making life so easier otherwise we cann't send a important information in a short time also now we talk where ever we are with the closest one.Its just unexplainable lol

hippykiller1 10-08-2009 09:35 PM

Surprisingly, for me at least, it didn't make life easier.

It made me less punctual and more flaky... Thats just one reason I ditched it. But I don't want to go in a long diatribe about it.

Sinestra 10-08-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darksyndrem (Post 775937)
This is what I find weird.

Yea i know i use the other features on my phone more than the phone itself. I find myself sometimes just not answering. I know cell phones are suppose to make our lives easier but i really find them to be a hassle sometimes. Like today i left my iphone at home didnt miss it all day at work after all i was working. Got home and i had 15 missed calls. I can bet that 14 out of those 15 calls were people calling to just BS becasue they were bored (At work) the 15th call was probably my mom. Did i check to see who called nope i went and worked out for a bit lol.

But they do have their uses especially for emergencies and the camera since i like taking pictures of weird things that interest me.

darksyndrem 10-08-2009 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinestra (Post 775972)
Yea i know i use the other features on my phone more than the phone itself. I find myself sometimes just not answering. I know cell phones are suppose to make our lives easier but i really find them to be a hassle sometimes. Like today i left my iphone at home didnt miss it all day at work after all i was working. Got home and i had 15 missed calls. I can bet that 14 out of those 15 calls were people calling to just BS becasue they were bored (At work) the 15th call was probably my mom. Did i check to see who called nope i went and worked out for a bit lol.

But they do have their uses especially for emergencies and the camera since i like taking pictures of weird things that interest me.

Yeah...I mean, I think it's cool what phones can do these days. It's just weird how most people don't use them at all for what they were originally meant for. And yeah...useless calls are annoying as ****! Fortunately, I don't get those anymore :D:D:D

And I think one problem is that it *does* make (some parts of our) lives easier. Almost making us dumber (liktxtin u no?).

ForReal 10-09-2009 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 775933)
Is this thread really about phones or about the fact you have no one to call?

long time no chat im right MMM?

It`s a bit of both i got no one to talk to so i made this forum so i can understand why it is impotent

MMM 10-09-2009 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForReal (Post 775990)
long time no chat im right MMM?

It`s a bit of both i got no one to talk to so i made this forum so i can understand why it is impotent

If you have no one to talk to I can understand why you don't need a phone.