Send a message via Skype™ to ForReal
10-23-2009, 01:31 AM

that's a good reason to have a phone
(#42 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

10-23-2009, 01:39 AM

i kind of want to have two phones in use, f course i'll have to stick w/ my 3g, for gps mail etc., but for kicks i want to start using one of those really old brick phones. we used to have them.. i wonder if any service providers will support them, but it would be soo funny to get a call out in public and whip out a phone the size of a shoe... i'd love to see the reactions of people around.

of course i'd need the Fox Mulder style trench coat for effect xD

IamKira
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Pip (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Pip
10-28-2009, 08:07 PM

I use my phone as a MP3 player/camera/Apps with extra call/text function.

I barely text or call anyone since it's easier/cheaper to use msn/mail/tweets.
Most of the time I dont wanna be in constant touch with everyone and then I only use it as an MP3 player. That's also the only reason why I can't live without my phone since then I wouldnt have my music everywhere with me
(#44 (permalink))
Old
smbx33 (Offline)
90's ジングル

10-28-2009, 09:01 PM

I use my phone to connect with friends, to be social you need a phone. I use it to text most of the time, and to find where the event of the weekend is wether its a football game at the park or a party at someones house without a cellphone I would be pretty lost.

I also use my phone for emergencies like when I had my car accident I had to call my mom because the ensurance was under her name. Or like the time my car died in the middle of the Highway I used my phone to call up AAA to pick up my car.

Without a cell life can get pretty dull, you'll start to notice when u get one and then lose it.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Kandierain15 (Offline)
Mizu No Megami♥

10-28-2009, 10:04 PM

loll. well, my mom wants meh to be safe bcuz of where i live(bad place) so that helps.

Plus in my city, if you dont have a cell phone, you miss out on a lot of stuff bcuz almost everyone is always; calling you, texting you, or telling you important stuff that happend

8/21/09
(#46 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

10-29-2009, 01:41 AM

I don't have a phone except at work, never really liked talking over the phone. Rather do it face to face but recently I've been thinking about getting a phone for emergencies. Maybe a little cheapie like those to go phones or something but ugh I’m not sure. I really don’t want to but I keep missing important things because no one can get a hold of me Haha!.

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
(#47 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
10-29-2009, 06:41 PM

I have always had a love-hate relationship with phones. Because of work they are the bane of my existence. My first job was as a PBX switchboard operator and even today, I am the one to answer all the departments incoming phones. You cannot imagine how much I despise the sound of rinigng phone!

If it not one of MY custom ring tones on the cell I DO NOT want to answer.

But I am never without my cell (except when I get home and forget it is still out in the car). Because of my friends, its more for txt than voice. But about 2 weeks ago I used it to call the cops when my car got totalled. It was rather handy at the time. Other than txts I think its other prime use if to look up addresses of businesses I want to shop at or check their hours.

I really wish the major carriers would put a cheap plan out there with unlimited text & data and only about 100-200 minutes of voice time.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
TitansWrath (Offline)
New to JF

10-30-2009, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post

I really wish the major carriers would put a cheap plan out there with unlimited text & data and only about 100-200 minutes of voice time.
Well my plan with sprint is close to what you wanted. I just have unlimited text & data for about $30/mo since I never use voice plan. It's possible to call people, but it costs money per min.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
LordKiwii (Offline)
JF Regular

10-30-2009, 04:18 PM

I have a phone that dates from the middle-ages xD I got it free with an order and used it pretty much for a while. But after the newness of a phone was gone I only used it for emergencies or if I really had to use it to call (for instance so that my dad could come and pick me up). So I don't really use mine much and I don't really see the point anyway. I see my friends every day so I have nothing to text them about haha :P

Don't worry you're just as sane as I am ~ Luna Lovegood

I'm not weird. You are all just too normal.

STAY TRUE TO YOURSELF

My favorite bands (atm) all in one crappy made signature, yaay! Cinema Bizarre, DBSK, The GazettE and An Cafe!
(#50 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
10-30-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansWrath View Post
Well my plan with sprint is close to what you wanted. I just have unlimited text & data for about $30/mo since I never use voice plan. It's possible to call people, but it costs money per min.
Yeah, Sprint is closest to my idea - except for the minute charges for voice. And their dropped-call rate here is very high.

My other problem is that I used work in telecom and there are certain carriers I avoid like the plague because I know their operation too well. But so far I haven't been desperate enough to consider any of them.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.