JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Pres. Obama and Nobel Peace Prize (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/28122-pres-obama-nobel-peace-prize.html)

MMM 10-14-2009 03:30 PM

I am not sure if you are quite ready for the Internet. Post opposing data, prove my data is false or please, move along.

clintjm 10-14-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 777235)
I have avoided the race card up until now, but it is becoming clear that skin color is a reason why people make opinions about our president.

A pretty strong statement.

It is foolish for anyone to think that race had nothing to do with the election of the president. At the same time its not a good thing to assume people decisions or opposing opinions of the president are always based on race.

More and more I see when one's opposing political views etc about the presidents are backed into a corner, the race card is played. I see when any opposing opinion is formed against the president's actions, its called racists when color is never mentioned.

Its growing old and its wonderful that Obama is in office as the first African American president just so America can start to get over this, as well as other countries.

Sinestra 10-14-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honoraryjapanesegirl (Post 777194)
They're nice sites...
To Sinestra when you log on again: ENOUGH!!! GEEZ! You're the pickin' a figh, man, let it rest! I'm goin' to bed, and I don't want a PM cussin' me out!

Im not picking a fight with you not even close. If you want one sided conversation talk to people who only agree with you. If you want a real discussion then step up. In no way did i pick a fight are you up set because i called you out on your misinformation? I would have done it to anyone and iv had it done to me. There is nothing wrong from learning.

Barone1551 10-14-2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clintjm (Post 777246)
I quote myself: "Also... frankly there isn't an unbiased source that will quote saying the vast majority of Americans supported the Olympics in Chicago" so my point was no one can... prove it either way.

Comments from many speak louder than a report of one - especially on a Chicago paper. Chicago citizens know best what a corrupt hole they live in... just as I knew when I lived in NJ years ago.

Wow. I wanted the Olypics to come here. You could have a great career on Fox news someday.

clintjm 10-14-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barone1551 (Post 777294)
Wow. I wanted the Olypics to come here. You could have a great career on Fox news someday.

Look on the bright side, there will be less debt in something we weren't able to afford in the first place.

You have no one else to blame but the Olympic council and the wonderful speeches presented.

Sinestra 10-14-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yinmehyuga (Post 777196)
good. sin. deserves it.

Why because I called her on her BS? Amazing ignorance must be blissful. I respect people who actually add to the discussion even if our opinions differ. I'm sorry but this is not a playground get invovled in the discussion with facts instead of "yea" if not well there are plenty of I love pockey threads to go around.

Voyager 10-14-2009 06:50 PM

I think it's ridiculous for a president who is currently overseeing two major unjustifiable wars and conducting covert overseas rendition/torture operations to win a peace prize of any kind.

Also, as tragic as the deaths of the 4,000+ US soldiers in Iraq and 800+ in Afghanistan are, you never hear about the real sick number. Over 100,000 civilians killed in Iraq since 2003 and 20,000 in Afghanistan. Not trained killers, not Ba'ath Party loyalists or Taliban fighters..innocent people..innocent men..women..children..people who never signed up to fight a war.

Think about that...a hundred thousand human beings. Anyone here ever attend a baseball game? The average stadium seats around forty thousand people. You could fill a stadium with dead bodies from Iraq from home plate all the way up the to nosebleed seats two times over and still have room left over for another 20,000 dead innocent people. Obama may have not started the wars, but by allowing them to go on while he is in office, and hell allowing even the torture to still take place, he is in a way validating the philosophies of Bush and Cheney.

Obama isn't change we can believe in. He's a generic milk & toast center-right democrat. If he was change we can believe in he would have immediately upon entering office said "I am going to end both these wars as quickly as I possibly can." Period.

Change I can believe in:

1) End all major US Conflicts overseas and withdraw all military forces from the middle east, saving countless innocent lives and trillions of dollars of taxpayer money. Then continue to conduct small special ops missions to contain terrorist threats. The "safe haven" argument for the Afghan war is retarded. Al Qaeda is everywhere. The 9/11 attacks were planned from an apartment building in Germany. Should we invade Germany? Hell, if they all hang out in Afghanistan, at least we know where they are. All the easier to kill. Better than them operating from Pakistan like they do now. We can't even fight them there.

2) End the global war on drugs. Alcohol Prohibition didn't work and this isn't any different. You can't legislate morality or human behavior. People are always going to to drugs. Making them illegal just forces the market underground, drives up the costs and makes murderous criminals billions of dollars. Legalizing and taxing a completely harmless drug like cannabis could eliminate the federal deficit in a matter of a few years and would give terminally ill patients safe access to helpful medicine.

3) Carry on the cause of the civil rights movement and eliminate unconstitutional laws that discriminate against the gay community.

4) Provide true universal health care and abolish the insurance industry. Making money off of sick people is evil beyond comprehension.

5) Reinstate FDR's strict financial regulations and stop the corruption on Wall Street.

6) Real Campaign Finance reform. Obama's top campaign contributor is Goldman Sachs. No wonder he's going soft on them.

the list goes on..

honoraryjapanesegirl 10-14-2009 06:58 PM

Thank you, Voyager! And Sinsetra: We are not ignorant. You are the one who is being ignorant. You ARE picking a fight. I mean c'mon the line: "Here we go again!" That only proves that you were trying to pick a fight. You're being very rude and critcal to the posters...un-necessarily rude, it is one thing to have a strong opinion, but to be RUDE is another. I was exasperated with you, that's my argument, but I think it's a bad rep for Obama on what his supporters look like. I might've changed my mind 'bout him were his supporters not so...so...arrogant

honoraryjapanesegirl 10-14-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinestra (Post 777292)
Im not picking a fight with you not even close. If you want one sided conversation talk to people who only agree with you. If you want a real discussion then step up. In no way did i pick a fight are you up set because i called you out on your misinformation? I would have done it to anyone and iv had it done to me. There is nothing wrong from learning.

No there is nothing wrong with learning. I apologized when I shouldn't've anyway! There was no need for me to, YOU DO NOT WIN THE NOBEL PRIZE! You are AWARDED the Nobel Prize! You, Sinestra are being ignorant to those facts, ask anyone on here that knows about polictics, it is common knowledge.

Sinestra 10-14-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honoraryjapanesegirl (Post 777336)
No there is nothing wrong with learning. I apologized when I shouldn't've anyway! There was no need for me to, YOU DO NOT WIN THE NOBEL PRIZE! You are AWARDED the Nobel Prize! You, Sinestra are being ignorant to those facts, ask anyone on here that knows about polictics, it is common knowledge.

And i said that was cool for you to say you were wrong and say you dont like Obama because of your personal beliefs. Like i said i can respect someone who opinion and beliefs are different than my own when they are sincere and not just spew out the common crap. You provided links as to why you do not like Obama i wholeheartedly disagree with you but those are you beliefs. I am not picking on you but you did post information that was not true and i called you on it thats it. You saying im ignorant when your being closed minded. The judges who are responsible for the Noble Peace Prize spoke out yet you are saying the very ones responsible for the whole process is wrong.

Present me with facts you saying anyone and everyone here agrees with you again false. You yourself said you do not have time to read through the all the pages which is why the comment to your post from MMM was "why should i respect your opinion then"

But very well lets agree to disagree because we are going in circles.