JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
Google Chrome - 10-15-2009, 05:19 PM

So, my firefox started screwing up..... a lot, I mean, it'd stop responding every 2 seconds. So, I downloaded Chrome...so far, it's running nicely..what do you guys think of it?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

10-15-2009, 05:36 PM

google chrome is the most integrated, best designed web browser out there... it only slightly beats firefox, although you can mod firefox in a lot of ways... hrm.. i'd like to have both, but right now i am running firefox because google has yet to come out with a linux or osx version

IamKira
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

10-15-2009, 05:40 PM

It's good, but a little difficult to get use to. It took a while before I learned to bookmark pages. The other downsides would be: that no toolbars work on it, so you'll have to do everything the old fashion way. The pop-up blocker ain't good either, then there's the lack of add-ons, and another thing that bugged me was the scrolling speed, it's too fast.

After playing with Chrome for a week, I came to conclusion that it's too soon to switch to it, so I returned to Firefox.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

10-15-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
It's good, but a little difficult to get use to. It took a while before I learned to bookmark pages. The other downsides would be: that no toolbars work on it, so you'll have to do everything the old fashion way. The pop-up blocker ain't good either, then there's the lack of add-ons, and another thing that bugged me was the scrolling speed, it's too fast.

After playing with Chrome for a week, I came to conclusion that it's too soon to switch to it, so I returned to Firefox.
I noticed that too, very quickly. One thing I also noticed, is when you exit Chrome you can't save it like you can in Firefox. Maybe there's a way to do this, but I haven't found it yet. That's one thing that really bothers me, as I browse with multiple tabs ALWAYS, and sometimes it's really hard to remember what tabs I had open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKira View Post
google chrome is the most integrated, best designed web browser out there... it only slightly beats firefox, although you can mod firefox in a lot of ways... hrm.. i'd like to have both, but right now i am running firefox because google has yet to come out with a linux or osx version
Eek! Not fair for you guys, I'm surprised to hear they haven't come out with a version for linux yet? I like firefox better to be honest (at least, so far), but I don't know what's up with my firefox, it's just not running like it should.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

10-15-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyndrem View Post
I like firefox better to be honest (at least, so far), but I don't know what's up with my firefox, it's just not running like it should.
Try re-installing it. If that won't work, then that means there's a problem with your computer not your web browser.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

10-15-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Try re-installing it. If that won't work, then that means there's a problem with your computer not your web browser.
I'm defragging my computer and such right now...if that doesn't fix it, I may just stick with Chrome. I kinda like the looks of it anyhow.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

10-15-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
I'm defragging my computer and such right now...if that doesn't fix it, I may just stick with Chrome. I kinda like the looks of it anyhow.
If you're really interested in trying new web browsers, then I recommend trying Opera. I heard more positive stuff about it, then Chrome.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

10-15-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
If you're really interested in trying new web browsers, then I recommend trying Opera. I heard more positive stuff about it, then Chrome.
I've tried it before, on my old computer. I should probably try it on this computer though....
(#9 (permalink))
Old
koikurasu (Offline)
Obey the fist!

Send a message via AIM to koikurasu Send a message via MSN to koikurasu Send a message via Skype™ to koikurasu
10-15-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
I've tried it before, on my old computer. I should probably try it on this computer though....
What was your experience with Opera Dark? I heard the widget system on it is amazing.

Was it something I said? Whatever it was, I didn't mean it. I haven't meant anything I've said for years. Except what I just said. I think

Final Fantasy Clan Member
CODE NAME: CHOCOBO
(#10 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

10-15-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koikurasu View Post
What was your experience with Opera Dark? I heard the widget system on it is amazing.
Well, I really can't say...my experience with Opera was to a minimum....I only used the basic features, I really have no clue what the widget system even is