JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Have you ever drempt in a language you didn't know (and understand it)?
Yes. 82 49.10%
Yes, but I didn't understand it. 34 20.36%
No. 51 30.54%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Gackt21 (Offline)
退屈中央

Send a message via Skype™ to Gackt21
11-09-2009, 10:14 PM

I understood every word and I was speaking Japanese. Oh wow that was like really cool.

GACKTDOLL クリスティーナ
Kurisutīna
(#22 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
11-12-2009, 06:24 AM

I never had a dream like that. But I have had dreams that resulted in craziness (I guess since i'm a crazy person .). It would be nice to dream in another language though. I'd love it.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
CaptinBenny (Offline)
New to JF

Hell yeah! - 11-12-2009, 06:47 PM

I didn't really dream it, but i was in my room watching a marathon of anime in Japanese and my mother was talking to me in the basement. Now all the room have connecting air vents so you can hear who's ever in the basement through the vents. Well long story short, my mother sounded like she was speaking Japanese and I could understand what she was saying but i couldn't find the right words to answer her. It was very strange and I decided to end my marathon early because of it......
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Slykaz1 (Offline)
Tengoku!

Send a message via MSN to Slykaz1 Send a message via Yahoo to Slykaz1
11-12-2009, 07:19 PM

aww...there's not a sorta voting button...

Does it count if you dream that you are a Japanese character in a movie, moving your lips in a japanese fashion and someone else is dialecting what you say in english...I've done that twice and always get a trip remembering it. Very sweet how one's brain can do that...and in black and white.

Property of Eiri & Pexster
Virtual Boyfriend...Hyakushi in *Indian suit*

Eiri - 41 : Rojjin -43 : Sly - 121 : Yuna7780 - 57 : reihino - 14 : Crani - 22 : Ramones1976 - 0 : AnimeBaby112 - 3 : Arikado - 1 : KikiBunny23 - 3 : Pexter -0
(#25 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-12-2009, 10:05 PM

In Japan, I dreamt in Japanese.

Also in Japan, all the people who spoke English (fellow Americans), started to sound like they were speaking Japanese. I would have to be like "wait, what did you say?" ...

And the funny thing is, my host sister was hearing English from everyone who spoke Japanese! Pretty strange.... It was like some sort of auditory hallucination

Culture shock can play games on the mind, I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptinBenny View Post
I didn't really dream it, but i was in my room watching a marathon of anime in Japanese and my mother was talking to me in the basement. Now all the room have connecting air vents so you can hear who's ever in the basement through the vents. Well long story short, my mother sounded like she was speaking Japanese and I could understand what she was saying but i couldn't find the right words to answer her. It was very strange and I decided to end my marathon early because of it......

Anyone have any similar experience? Because this happens!
(#26 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
11-15-2009, 06:10 PM

I dreamt in Korean a while back - and I actually spoke it in the dream. It was pretty dope. XD

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#27 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-18-2009, 02:35 AM

I've had weird dreams where I go around the world and hear some people talk, but waking interpretation was I didn't understand what they said or maybe I understood with body language. Who knows. Dreams...!
(#28 (permalink))
Old
MilKyXxdreamXx (Offline)
JF Regular

11-18-2009, 03:44 AM

i remember this happened to me ONE time, it was so weird. cuz i thought i was weird dreaming like that, but guess i wasn't weird after all xD
i dreamt that my mom was speaking french one day, i was so impressed since she doesn't know french in real life (besides a few words) and i'm there listening to her and understanding it
but too bad that i don't know how to speak french back to her, besides understanding it...
it was actually a cool dream though ~ haha

让人笑。让人哭。 让人开心。让人生气。 让人希望。让人期盼。。
都是什么意思在心中 ~
(#29 (permalink))
Old
munzy (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-18-2009, 10:16 AM

once I dreamed in english, and I understand , but usually I dream in my language.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

11-22-2009, 08:08 AM

I think just once I did. I can't remember properly.

Even weirder was dreaming, I was singing a song I'd never writen or never heard. I'd wrote a song in my dream. It was a good one, too, and has a decent melody. I still sing it.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…