(#121 (permalink))
Old
buggedout (Offline)
New to JF

09-17-2009, 10:54 PM

Name: Danny
Coming to you from: England
First Breath: 25 june 1986
intentions and whatnot: I kinda wanna meet people on here cause im moving to japan in a years time and it would be nice to already know some people i can hang around with before i get there
why do you want to go to japan: I honestly cannot answer this because I dont know i just always have wanted to go for as long as I can remember Im doing a tefl this year which enables me to teach english in any country and I should have my degree bye the end of the yearmeaning I can get a working visa and frankly I kinda want to stay when I get there.
(#122 (permalink))
Old
jeni (Offline)
New to JF

09-19-2009, 10:22 AM

Name: Jeni
Coming to you from: England
First Breath: may/26/1992
why do you want to go to japan: i want to work over there, i want to teach english.
(#123 (permalink))
Old
sorasky (Offline)
New to JF

09-20-2009, 12:25 AM

Name: Kaitlin
Coming to you from: Tennessee
First Breath: 03/01/1992
Why do you want to go to Japan: I have a love for the culture and language, and I want to study over there. I also want to visit Japan to see what it's really like because no matter what you read on the internet, you can only make honest opinions about a place through your own experiences, not other people's. I may not like Japan once I'm over there; I may love it and possibly want to live there. However, I won't know until I actually visit.
A little about me: Just a 17-year old girl who has a strange fascination with Japan and its culture. I'm a senior in high school (woot!) and am graduating in May. I've already picked my college, and I plan to major in biochemistry and minor in Japanese (strange combination, huh?). I really enjoy learning (gasp!) and want to become a pharmacist or some kind of engineer. Anyways I found this forum randomly one day, and decided to join because not that many people in my area have the same interests as me... I really enjoy Japanese music, however I'm not really into anime or manga. Just not my type of entertainment. I would like to meet people on here for the common reason many other people joined for probably. This is getting kind of long, so that's my "about me" paragraph.
One more thing, I like to type a lot of smilies.
(#124 (permalink))
Old
Sakurasenpai (Offline)
New to JF

09-20-2009, 06:04 PM

Name: Sandra
My friends call me: Sakura
Coming to you from: Maine, U.S.A
First Breath: March 1993
Intentions and whatnot: I wanted some place I could talk to people that liked Japan as much as me.
Why do you want to go to Japan: I've wanted to go to Japan since I was in 6th grade 'cause I love the culture and how they do things.
Favorite Manga/Anime: Probably Crimson Hero 'cause I want to play volleyball. (That's probably WHY I want to play)
(#125 (permalink))
Old
KillScreen (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to KillScreen
09-22-2009, 01:38 AM

Name: Brian
Coming to you from: Iowa, USA
First Breath: April 1979
My intentions: Come here and discuss anything Japan, not to mention anime and manga. Plus making a friend or two.
Why do you want to go to Japan: I've always had an interest in Japan far as I can remember. One day it'll come true.
Favorite Manga/Anime: too many to name, but my favorite anime currently is Ghost Hunt.
(#126 (permalink))
Old
Klint (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-23-2009, 09:51 PM

I just spent about 30 minutes typing up a giant text wall of an introduction, but apparently I got signed out so the whole thing was lost...

Anyways, my name is Clinton, and I'm an 18 year old male living on the coast of Massachusetts in the USA. Online I'm relatively out going, but in real life I'm very quiet and withdrawn because of my diagnosis with AS (Asperger Syndrome). AS is a form of High Functioning Autisim. People with AS can be characterised as intelligent, but lack social skills such as the ability to read peoples emotions in their facial expressions and vocal tone. They tend to avoid most people for this reason, as they become anxious and uncomfortable around them. Also, people with AS generally act in patterns, eating the same foods, watching the same shows, going to the same places, etc... While there are not many, and not always true, there are also some physical characteristics/tenancies of AS such as walking with their hands behind their backs, walking the tips of the toes, hand wringing, hypermobility, and increased sensitivity to light/sound. Some fictious characters suspected of having AS include House, L Ryuzaki, and more particuarly Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory, while some real life people with AS are Albert Einstein, George Washington, and Beethoven.

But enough about that. As I suspect is the reason for a lot of people being here, I'm here to learn more about about Japan, Japanese culture, and Japanese society. And so instead of relisting my other interests here, I think I'll just copy and paste a bunch of them I posted on another site... Computers, programming, technology, robotics, virtual reality, augmented reality, time travel, teleportation, cloning, bio-engineering/enhancing, knives, weapons systems, space, anything zombie related, movies, music, video games, etc... So basically, I'm a bit of a nerd. Though I'm glad I don't look so much like one.

Hmmm... Looks like another text wall. I gotta work on that I guess. Anyways, feel free to ask me any questions you might have, AS related or not. Generally speaking, I'm a happy person and I believe people have good intentions, so it's pretty difficult to offend me.

"Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?"
(#127 (permalink))
Old
utsu (Offline)
JF Regular

09-26-2009, 04:00 AM

Hi everyone.
I live in Utsunomiya, my husband's Japanese. And since these days I don't have very many people around me who can speak English, I came here.
So, see you around!
cheers!
A.
(#128 (permalink))
Old
Mortry (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-27-2009, 05:29 PM

Name: Chris
Coming to you from: The Netherlands
First Breath: 18 july 1994
Intentions and whatnot: dunno, I was just surfing the internet, and it looked like a forum where I can learn more about Japan
Why do you want to go to Japan: I want to go on an exchange, so I can experience the Japanese education system I see a lot in anime & manga
My favourite manga: Suzuka/ Watashi no Tamura-kun
Favourite anime: Zero no Tsukaima
(#129 (permalink))
Old
FunnyFlower (Offline)
New to JF

09-28-2009, 07:27 AM

Name: FunnyFlower
Coming to you from: Central California USA
First Breath: aug. 16th 1986
intentions and whatnot: Hello-ello! um so yeah, really i was browsing the web and i found this place. Honestly i didn't know if i should sign up though because... well... i'm not Japanese nor do i live or have ever been to Japan. Although i would love to go there and just be in the thick of all the awesomeness.
why do you want to go to japan: Are you kiding? The History, the sites, the art/entertainment, the FOOD!! lol God... whats not to love?
(#130 (permalink))
Old
Whitmore (Offline)
New to JF

09-28-2009, 03:21 PM

G'day from Australia. I saw this website and thought it an excellent step forward for international together-ness!

I love Guitars. Talk to me about Ibanez or ESP guitars and I will be your best forum friend!