Letters can burn
(#232 (permalink))
Old
CityofTrees (Offline)
New to JF

Smile Ex-Resident Checking In - 01-06-2010, 09:37 PM

Name: Christina
Coming to you from: Texas
First Breath: I am a child of the 80s. I remember when Transformers first aired on TV! *shakes cane*
Intentions and whatnot: Meeting more folks online who share the same interests.
Why do you want to go to Japan: I actually lived in Japan for almost five years, so I have to change this section around a bit... I had seen a few anime, but what really made an impression on me was a book of kimono photographs I found in my college library. So when I got laid off twice in one year (bad economy!) I decided "Hey, let's go where the pretty kimono come from." And that initial year turned into almost five.

Having lived there, I'm not starry-eyed at all about the place as it definitely has its ups and downs. However, I had some of the best times of my life in Japan and still enjoy learning about various aspects of the culture. I've also started a blog focusing on "traditional" arts and culture in Japan, so if you'd like please check it out. The Kimono Lady

As far as my bio, I'm an educator working to become a certified teacher in the State of Texas for journalism (my actual college degree) and would one day like to be a middle-high school Japanese teacher. I enjoy sci-fi, horror, and action movies and write, read, draw and sew (on the topic of Japan and sewing, I respect well-done cosplay as a tribute to talent and creativity. ) For the anime fans, my favorites are the old Berserk series and Ruroni Kenshin "pre-quel" OVA. My screen name refers to Sendai, the first city I lived in in Japan and my favorite by far. I would love to visit it again someday.

I would also kill for a takoyaki stand outside my house.

Here, I look forward to meeting new folks and helping out with the occasional kanji or kimono question. Nice to meet y'all and Happy New Year!
(#233 (permalink))
Old
pentalarc (Offline)
New to JF

01-06-2010, 10:14 PM

Hi, I'm Pentalarc. Since there seems to be a form:

Name: Pentalarc/R.A.L.: Those are my real initials. I'm an old-line BBSer, who tends to not use his real name. But then again, probably as many people know me as Pentalarc as by my real name.
Coming to you from: Austin, TX, exiled from New Orleans, LA.
First Breath: Feb 12, the same year that the Sex Pistols released "Nevermind the Bollocks"
[/b][BIntentions and whatnot:[/b] Well, I actually came here to get some info and such for food and recipes, especially for sushi. I tend to cook (I'm half Cajun and half New Orleans Creole, and was taught to cook by my New Orleans Creole grandmother. I've always like east Asian cooking, and I've always liked Japanese food, so, time to combine the two.
Why do you want to go to Japan: Don't know if I ever will, but who knows.
Favourite Manga/Anime: Ghost in the Shell, Paprika

Pentalarc
(#234 (permalink))
Old
Curtis (Offline)
New to JF

01-09-2010, 03:58 PM

Name: Curtis
Coming to you from: Missouri, United States
First Breath: July of '93.
Intentions and whatnot: To hopefully make some new friend and pick up some more on the language.
Why do you want to go to Japan: Well, Japan isn't the only place I would like to go, but it probably at the top of my list. A friend who lives there says it's his favorite country, and he's been to many. Basically, my interest in manga, Japanese music, and Japanese video games.
(#235 (permalink))
Old
Yamha (Offline)
JF Regular

01-09-2010, 05:33 PM

Hi everyone

Name: Nura
Coming to you from: Norway
First Breath: March '88
My intentions: Making friends, learn how to make Japanese food, learn about Japan and discuss manga/anime.
Why do you want to go to Japan: Because of the culture
Favorite Manga/Anime: I don't know that many yet, but I like Naruto, Bleach, Darker than Black, Black Blood Brothers, etc.

(#236 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

01-09-2010, 07:33 PM

Yamha, please post photos in the facer 3.0 thread so i can have a look. I am planning on going to norway sometime and would like to ease the process of gaining citizenship via marriage... naturally i have criteria which i work off of, but i assure you, that looks are the least of my concerns. I am very lenient when it comes to physique.

IamKira
(#237 (permalink))
Old
Yamha (Offline)
JF Regular

01-09-2010, 08:43 PM

Hahah, you're funny ^^,
(#238 (permalink))
Old
Ririnsama (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Ririnsama
01-10-2010, 06:45 PM

Name: Karina
Coming to you from: Ukraine, now in Lebanon
First Breath: October 13th
My intentions: Improving and practising my Japanese, knowing more about Japanese culture, making friends.
Why do you want to go to Japan: Cause it's unique
Favorite Manga/Anime: Bleach, Ichigo 100%, Claymore, Death Note

リリーンさま
(#239 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
01-10-2010, 07:13 PM

Name:James
Coming to you from:Scotland
First Breath:October 26th, 1990
Intentions:To get to know more about such a magnificent country, to make friends, to give me ideas when I plan my trip over
Why do you want to go to Japan:It's a country that has always fascinated me. Both the people and the culture, and the beautiful landscape outside the amazing cities.
Interested in:Anime, Music (An Cafe, Maximum the Hormone...), Sports and Cars

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#240 (permalink))
Old
Formonitrile (Offline)
JF Regular

01-10-2010, 08:23 PM

Name: Formonitrile or any variation :3
Coming to you from: The USA
First Breath: Exactly one year before The Rainbow Bridge, connecting Tokyo's Shibaura and the island of Odaiba, was completed
Intentions and whatnot: To learn and chat and share with people who have similar interests!
Why do you want to go to Japan: It just feels right. I love the language, the culture, the media, the food, every thing about Japan I love.

Last edited by Formonitrile : 01-10-2010 at 08:25 PM.