(#841 (permalink))
Old
xKaii (Offline)
New to JF

06-02-2016, 03:53 PM

Name: Kai
Coming to you from: Spain
First Breath: June/20/1986

Hi to all, i have been studying Japanese for years but i just started studying it seriously 5 months ago.

I don't pretend to travel to Japan, i just wanna learn Japanese in order to understand my hobbies (Manganime and videogames).

Since this is a English forum, i should warn you about my English since i'm spanish. Feel free to correct me, it would be much appreciated.

My Japanese level should be around N4 and N3, i'm pretty newby yet.

Well, that's all for my presentation.

よろしくお願いします!
(#842 (permalink))
Old
NiaSama (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-15-2016, 07:59 PM

Hello everyone I' m Nia (well actually it's just a part of my own name) , itariajin desu and I have a real passion for Japan culture and I really like anime and manga. I' d like to

improve my japanese but I' m still a beginner learner. Nice to meet all of you.
(#843 (permalink))
Old
madBowers (Offline)
New to JF

12-03-2016, 07:46 PM

Hello every one, my names Adam. I am a newbie trying to learn Japanese. I am at the end of my semester in Japanese 101. My interest in Japan stems from a childhood of anime and role playing games. As an adult though, I have come to appreciate so much more of Japanese culture.

I hope that through this forum I can increase my knowledge of the Japanese language.
(#844 (permalink))
Old
Na11 (Offline)
New to JF

Hello! - 12-26-2016, 11:19 PM

Name: Na11/Danyea
Coming to you from: Philadelphia
First Breath: 01/01/2003 - I'm almost 14!
intentions and whatnot: I'm great to find an active japan & japan pop culture community! I'm willing to discuss manga, anime, jpop and japan in geneal.
why do you want to go to japan: I love that place! For the food, the cute cities and manga and jpop and anime surrounding me as well as getting to talk to other Japanese and explore and, and and..

I'm a huge weeabo lol.
(#845 (permalink))
Old
mumeida (Offline)
New to JF

01-03-2017, 04:23 AM

Nice to meet everyone. I've been studying Japanese for a long time. I've lived and worked in Japan and I love both the language and the culture. I especially love the food but I'm interested in pretty much all aspects of Japan, including pop culture. I hope to have some fun discussions with you all.
(#846 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-10-2017, 12:35 AM

Welcome everyone. This forum used to be a very lively place before an immense spam attack killed it. Hopefully more people will join up and post, and it will become as fun as it used to be.
(#847 (permalink))
Old
NiaSama (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-10-2017, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
Welcome everyone. This forum used to be a very lively place before an immense spam attack killed it. Hopefully more people will join up and post, and it will become as fun as it used to be.
Thanks for the welcome ... yeah I was told that... it was a shame indeed that's a forum with many interesting articles and topics and moreover , at least for me, a good way to practice my english and learning more about
Japan and japanese language aswell.

http://www.japanforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=99577&dateline=1481039942
(#848 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)

01-10-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiaSama View Post
Thanks for the welcome ... yeah I was told that... it was a shame indeed that's a forum with many interesting articles and topics and moreover , at least for me, a good way to practice my english and learning more about
Japan and japanese language aswell.
Good luck in your studies, feel free to ask questions. I live in central Tokyo, and though I am not Japanese, I have been in Japan long enough to have had some great experiences, and a few not-so-great ones.

Hopefully others will chime in over time,

宜しく
(#849 (permalink))
Old
NiaSama (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-11-2017, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
Good luck in your studies, feel free to ask questions. I live in central Tokyo, and though I am not Japanese, I have been in Japan long enough to have had some great experiences, and a few not-so-great ones.

Hopefully others will chime in over time,

宜しく
Oh arigatou thank you very very much ... so I'll take advantage of your kindness by asking .... when should I use GOMEN and when SUMIMASEN?
( I thought gomen less formal and sumimansen more formal)

and why to ask : "How old are you" are two ways ?

I mean
Oikutsu desu ka?
and
Nansai desu ka?
Always the differece between formal and informal ???

Sorry if I ask and thanks for your kind reply

Sorry I'm quite off topic here :/

http://www.japanforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=99577&dateline=1481039942
(#850 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)

01-12-2017, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiaSama View Post
Oh arigatou thank you very very much ... so I'll take advantage of your kindness by asking .... when should I use GOMEN and when SUMIMASEN?
( I thought gomen less formal and sumimansen more formal)

and why to ask : "How old are you" are two ways ?

I mean
Oikutsu desu ka?
and
Nansai desu ka?
Always the differece between formal and informal ???

Sorry if I ask and thanks for your kind reply

Sorry I'm quite off topic here :/
I would use "gomen" or "gomen-nasai" (which means "sorry") if I bump into someone, or step on their foot, whereas I would use "sumimasen" like "excuse me" when trying to get around people on the sidewalk or train.

For age, "nan-sai desu ka" is fine. As long as you use "desu" or "masu" with a verb, it is polite enough. In casual conversation, people might simply say "nan-sai?"

When I was studying Japanese, this was all very confusing to me, the regular verbs, then having to add "desu", or "masu", or the the shorter "da" (like a kid in the countryside seeing me and saying "gaikokujin da!!), or ha, ga, etc. But after living in Japan and listening to people speak, it was more easy to sort out.