-

12-07-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solemnclockwork View Post
Language issue with last post.
Are you fucking serious?

Quote:
Planet Earth is loaded with room. We could put the world's entire population into the United States. Doing so would make our population density 1,531 people per square mile. That's a far lower population density than what now exists in New York (11,440), Los Angeles (9,126) and Houston (7,512). The entire U.S. population could move to Texas and each family of four would enjoy 2.9 acres of land. If the entire world's population moved to Texas, California, Colorado and Alaska, each family of four would enjoy nine-tenths of an acre of land.
Again, this can't be serious. This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard... let's all move to America! Right...

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#102 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-07-2009, 08:40 AM

Anywho, here's the perfect outline of what I meant by incomplete data before. I said (wh)ore. huhuhuhuhuhuh

YouTube - Smacking the Hack Attack

Also, I dare anyone who's actually interested in this debate to view all the videos on that youtube channel. It's not random statements, you can independently follow the clearly cited references in them.

Last edited by xyzone : 12-07-2009 at 08:47 AM.
(#103 (permalink))
Old
solemnclockwork (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-07-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Are you fucking serious?

Again, this can't be serious. This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard... let's all move to America! Right...
I do believe one person has already been addressed by a mod on using certain words, I don't think you want to be the next? Read the top half of the second page.

Well then someone missed the ENTIRE POINT of stating such a thing. It has NOTHING to do with living in America the only purpose of it is to show a point.

1 Corinthians 10: 31-33
31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
(#104 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

12-07-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzone View Post
So you just ignore everything before it and reply to one line? Not useful either. You ignore the whole premise behind the statement which sufficiently justifies it.
How about you read everything I write before making a useless post? I said I'd reply later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzone View Post
Ok then, I got it. You were just being a critic.
Basically, yes!

Quote:
I don't understand exactly what you're implying or saying here. Do you mean that I would support the government telling people what to study? If so, I wouldn't. That's ridiculous. People are free to ponder anything they want, and even sponsor any cockamamie study they want, but the fact remains that science is a well-defined process behind an established system. It's supposed to be about empirical evidence and peer review, not opinion, style, or anything else. It's the same system that developed the engineering which lets use use computers and fly airliners across oceans. And within that system is evolution, the greenhouse effect and climate models. And as far as the topic of challenging global warming, this is the system that I would think should be followed.
No, I'm not saying anything of the sort... Why would you assume that what I said was me implying the government would be telling people what to study? You need to stop thinking that everyone that is against Global warming has a political mind. I don't care about the politics! But you should know one thing about the government educational programme. In England, they start education on Global warming and all things related at a very early age. We were taught the basics of the Greenhouse effect at the age of 7.

Why are you giving me a definition of science? I've been studying science since the age of 5 and I'm still studying it at university.

Quote:
No, hold it right there. It's not blindly. I can and/or have cited the reasoning, sources, and any other variable I can produce to backup my statements and assertions. It's not a blind belief. Like I said, it is following the same system which developed your computer and jet airplanes. If it is blind belief, then if you believe microchips run computers, I can challenge that notion by citing sources, which I can call scientific which state that magic spirits run computers. Then if you call that pseudoscience, I can label you a blind believer in your own pseudoscience.
I'm sorry, you haven't really cited much. You've argued to death the last 10 years of cooling and I get the impression you think people arguing against global warming are using this as the corner stone of their argument. Lets say I told you in 1994, an article was released by Columbia University showing that the earth's temperature has been almost cyclic since the beginning and that it has gone especially erratic in the past 2 million years. How would you explain the Global Warming and Cooling of the planet before humans started destroying the planet?

When I argue about Global warming, it's more to do with things like this and how a little over 50 years ago, 80% of the scientific community, much like now, was unequivocally sure that the earth was moving towards the next ice age.

So, as you may or may have not guessed, I don't really care about the last 10 years!

Quote:
Like I said. I've read up on it personally. Real scientists tell us that global warming is real and that we are causing it. The greenhouse effect isn't the most complicated calculus on the planet. The numbers match up. If they don't, then as I stated above, I can challenge any so called scientific field with magic and reflects any reclamations of pseudoscience.
Ahh yes, back to the "real" scientists. Did you know, most of the worlds best scientists weren't "real" scientists for most of their career? I think it's pitiful, especially for someone that seems to know so much and talk so much about scientific method, to imply a group of scientists are more "real" simply because they're in the corner he agrees with.

And you need to stop talking about magic and of the sorts thinking you are better than "so called" scientists, because I'm pretty sure, these so called scientists in their own field know more about global warming than you, a "not even so called" scientist. Anyone can challenge anything with magic and voodoo crap... Go pick up your closest philosophy book, and I'm sure you can prove that I'm a dinosaur!

Quote:
Look at the last example of the argument I presented. Somebody brought up the old quackery about the temperature dropping in the last 10 years. This is very thoroughly and clearly explained by the ocean event of el niño; however, the climate model isn't about an isolated decade, and the decades long temperatures paints a much different picture, as do many other climate related events. But that can be easily dismissed with flawed logic, just like anything can be. Real scientists tell us climate is being changed by carbon emissions. To dismiss that along with the well known motivation behind the opposing propaganda, debunked time after time, is not useful.
Once again, I don't care about the last 10 year... When we get to the 10 million years, let me know!

I never bother to even listen to all the political mumbo jumbo, but what do you mean by well known motivation behind the opposing propaganda?
(#105 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

12-07-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I do believe one person has already been addressed by a mod on using certain words, I don't think you want to be the next? Read the top half of the second page.
When someone is not swearing at you, but just swearing in general (and especially not excessively), then do not complain. It's not your business.

When I manage to write 14 paragraphs and only swear 4 times, the mods should actually be comending me.

Quote:
Well then someone missed the ENTIRE POINT of stating such a thing. It has NOTHING to do with living in America the only purpose of it is to show a point.
Well please say it again. Just because we all could, theoratically, live in America and the rest of the world could be chock with bustling rain forests, what does that have to do with anything? That will never happen, so it's irrelevant.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#106 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

12-07-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
what does that have to do with anything? That will never happen, so it's irrelevant.
I think his point kinda overlaps yours... He's basically saying, we humans are silly! We have ways of living on this planet with minimal damage, and being able to fit the worlds population into America proves that!
(#107 (permalink))
Old
solemnclockwork (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-07-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
When someone is not swearing at you, but just swearing in general (and especially not excessively), then do not complain. It's not your business.

When I manage to write 14 paragraphs and only swear 4 times, the mods should actually be comending me.

Well please say it again. Just because we all could, theoratically, live in America and the rest of the world could be chock with bustling rain forests, what does that have to do with anything? That will never happen, so it's irrelevant.
I'm sure your aware of this forums stance on such language, regardless of what it is directed at. It could be like opening a can of warms.

It does become someones business when you bash there culture (even if someone of the things they don't agree with).

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
I think his point kinda overlaps yours... He's basically saying, we humans are silly! We have ways of living on this planet with minimal damage, and being able to fit the worlds population into America proves that!
that, and you really cannot say the world is overpopulated. It's like having more room, but you just throw and clutter things, making it seem like a lot less.

1 Corinthians 10: 31-33
31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

Last edited by solemnclockwork : 12-07-2009 at 11:16 AM. Reason: punctuation, and left that word in
(#108 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-07-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
I'm sure your aware of this forums stance on such language, regardless of what it is directed at.

I thought I was, but it seems to prosper without a hitch.

Cheers - Oz
(#109 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

12-07-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
I'm sure your aware of this forums stance on such language, regardless of what it is directed at. It could be like opening a can of warms.
The rules are designed to prevent people from bluntly insulting each other. Using swear words to talk about a general situation we all have in common insults no one, it only expresses how I personally feel about it.

I trusted we all here were mature enough to deal with basic differences we have. Seems not.

Quote:
It does become someones business when you bash there culture (even if someone of the things they don't agree with).
How did I bash your culture? Where?

(#110 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

12-07-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
But, for example, are we supposed to tell the Italians to abandon Rome and move to Chicago? All that culture and history. Any nation. I don't think so.

A more reasonable solution is containing the amount of people we have within those cities.

You must remember, his idea is to stack buildings ontop of each other, like in New York, making the best of space. However, it will be the distant future when we can do the same with farming land. We will still roughly require a similar amount of land for farming, even if the general populace lives more efficiently spaced.