(#91 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
12-12-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

Don't be daft. I have loads of confidence in the moderators. You are all doing a great job.

That doesn't mean I cannot point out some faults, can I?

It seems to me Nan, that you're taking this personally, or as if I'm saying the moderators are bad. I'm just criticising one or two points, which were a concern to me.

Since, this is the whole point of the thread, right?
Well I'm glad.

No, it certainly does not mean that. That's what the thread's for.

I just assumed that you didn't have confidence in the mods from the way you formed your entry. lol. This is the forum we're on. The forum that this thread is on. Therefore I simply thought that you were talking about us mods in general as we're moderating THIS place - and I don't think that has anything to do with taking things personally. I'm just putting two and two together.

I'm not the only mod on here, after all. We had some mods that failed, but they're not mods anymore.

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#92 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-12-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

Don't be daft. I have loads of confidence in the moderators. You are all doing a great job.

It seems to me Nan, that you're taking this personally, or as if I'm saying the moderators are bad. I'm just criticising one or two points, which were a concern to me.

Please show some common respect and consistancy...

You are telling NanteNa not to be daft, and you are calling me creepy, and then you are sating a good job is done..

Who's next?

You posted the thread lol..

Stop trying to moderate it

Cheers - Oz
(#93 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-12-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post

You are telling NanteNa not to be daft, and you are calling me creepy, and then you are sating a good job is done..

Who's next?

I've known Nan for longer than you. She understands, and I'm sure she knows I meant it in an off hand way, ad not personally. Stop trying to defend the ladies, Ozkai. They don't need your protection, they can speak up for themselves.

Like I said, what you are, is not a discussion for this thread.

Yeh, I did post the thread. What's your point? I also stated on the first page that I thought the mods were doing a good job. I can criticise them though. They're human, in the end, not gods. We can all be criticised. And I'm sure the mods don't mind.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#94 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-12-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairebear View Post
You weren't around when we literally did have NO active mods. Kanji came online every few months or so, but all the other mods were gone...it was absolute chaos. JF was a mess.
That's because this forum had rules to begin with. The forum I'm saying started without mods and the admin claimed that there would be no mods at all. And it's really popular, much more than this one but I'm not allowed to post links. You may find crappy posts but the feeling of anarchy was awesome.

Quote:
What may appear to you to be a "straightforward" task, it is obviously not as a moderator clearly needs to also be a mediator and with no formal qualifications, that can be difficult.

Whilst yourself and other users often stand firmly in concrete voicing their opinions and believing that they are "right" , it is not always the case from other's looking in.

The key word here towards opinions, statements, and claims is "Flexibility".

Because many users lack the skills, this is when it becomes a job for a moderator, of which they then need to display flexibility within their mediation skills.

I was the first trial modeartor along with the main moderator on what is now the largest watch forum on the web. I know to well.

My modeartion task was huge.. I'm talking mediating between Rolex, Omega, Tissot, No name, G-Shock and SEIKO fans..

Come hell or high water, a $10,000 Rolex could not compete with a $200 G-Shock, or could it!
So full of yourself. A lot of people have been moderators in other forums as well. I've been in countless of active anime forums, and I'll tell you one thing... anime fans are the worst. Kids always get into flaming and never read rules.

Moderators never listened to my PMs about you. You literally went in after every post I made and mocked me. I sent PMs to them and nothing and when I reply to you (obviously followed by a little flame war) they say why didn't I PM them in the first place.

Oh, and stop acting like you're some chicks magnet. You really have no idea how to get a girl the right way.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#95 (permalink))
Old
orewasenshi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to orewasenshi Send a message via MSN to orewasenshi
12-12-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:

Who's next?

No offense to you, but the type of people that act this way is why the forum needs moderators.

As I said before, there's a lot of people on here who really don't have the maturity level and taking someone's post way out of context/proportion, myself as well. I really think that the moderators are doing their jobs to prevent misunderstandings and arguments, but then again it is also the job of the people on this forum to make sure that they understand the mods and what they're trying to do in the heat of an argument or misunderstanding.
(#96 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-12-2009, 07:17 PM

Let's stop the bickering or else the thread will be closed.

Yes, some of you have PMed mods to do something about other users.

You can say "nothing was done" but that is just another way of saying "the person I complained about wasn't banned". When a flame war is continued the only choice as a mod is to ban both or ban neither. I would always prefer to ban neither.

Trust me, the other person is always at least warned by PM, unless the requester is being unreasonable, which does happen sometimes.