LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Kenpachi11 (Offline)
高校生

Apparently we are thugs? - 12-12-2009, 02:23 AM

SCHS students out of control during game

Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:34 PM EST

I attended a boys’ basketball game at Stephens County High School last night.

I had children play sports in Gwinnett County and loved seeing the other students come out and support their high school teams. However, the SCHS student section last night was nothing more than a group of thugs dressed like they were in the movie "Deliverance."

Several of them even jumped over the wall onto the basketball court while the visiting team's cheerleaders were on the floor – these thugs proceeded to do their own flips, etc. They also harassed the Mountain View High School players with their hands while the players tried to take the ball out.

Not until overtime, did any of us see an administrator, athletic director, or police officer even try to control this group of students.
Shame on SCHS administrators, parents, and Board of Education for tolerating this type of unsportsmanlike behavior.

As a high school teacher in Gwinnett County, but a full-time resident at Lake Hartwell, I will continue to commute 55 miles one way rather than teach at a school where the students are allowed to misbehave in public without any consequences.

In Gwinnett County, these students would have been removed from the gym by the AD, principal, or a police officer

What do you think abou this letter? it was in our local newspaper saying that we are thugs at my school.

From the sky, To the ground
Rain is falling all around
Thunder rain and wind
A song of storms begins

Play a song, A melody
Then everybody will see
The hero of time
Has come
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-12-2009, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpachi11 View Post
SCHS students out of control during game

Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:34 PM EST

I attended a boys’ basketball game at Stephens County High School last night.

I had children play sports in Gwinnett County and loved seeing the other students come out and support their high school teams. However, the SCHS student section last night was nothing more than a group of thugs dressed like they were in the movie "Deliverance."

Several of them even jumped over the wall onto the basketball court while the visiting team's cheerleaders were on the floor – these thugs proceeded to do their own flips, etc. They also harassed the Mountain View High School players with their hands while the players tried to take the ball out.

Not until overtime, did any of us see an administrator, athletic director, or police officer even try to control this group of students.
Shame on SCHS administrators, parents, and Board of Education for tolerating this type of unsportsmanlike behavior.

As a high school teacher in Gwinnett County, but a full-time resident at Lake Hartwell, I will continue to commute 55 miles one way rather than teach at a school where the students are allowed to misbehave in public without any consequences.

In Gwinnett County, these students would have been removed from the gym by the AD, principal, or a police officer

What do you think abou this letter? it was in our local newspaper saying that we are thugs at my school.
Were you one of the people participating in that kind of behavior?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
12-12-2009, 02:27 AM

Lol I just want to know how you can be thug, and dressed like you were in Deliverance at the same time.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Kenpachi11 (Offline)
高校生

12-12-2009, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Were you one of the people participating in that kind of behavior?
no but they are my friends. if i was there then i would have but i didnt have the money to go

Thunder rain and wind
A song of storms begins

Play a song, A melody
Then everybody will see
The hero of time
Has come
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Kenpachi11 (Offline)
高校生

12-12-2009, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyndrem View Post
Lol I just want to know how you can be thug, and dressed like you were in Deliverance at the same time.
Not to sure about that lol. My school is....not that safe if you could say. we have alot of fights which results in people going to jail. and drug busts which results in people going to jail.

Thunder rain and wind
A song of storms begins

Play a song, A melody
Then everybody will see
The hero of time
Has come
(#6 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-12-2009, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Not to sure about that lol. My school is....not that safe if you could say. we have alot of fights which results in people going to jail. and drug busts which results in people going to jail.
We would have been cnned with a bamboo stick across the hands when I went to school.

The worst I ever did was put a drawing pin on Ms. Caldwell's chair whilst she was writing on the blackboard.

When she sat down, the pin pierced her buttock cheek and she gave a massive scream.

The entire class could not stop laughing, and the detention for the enitre class followed after school.

Cheers - Oz
(#7 (permalink))
Old
JayT (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-12-2009, 02:35 AM

They give us guns and drugs, then they wonder why the ____ we thugz

[<--Nan's heart!]

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Kenpachi11 (Offline)
高校生

12-12-2009, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
We would have been cnned with a bamboo stick across the hands when I went to school.

The worst I ever did was put a drawing pin on Ms. Caldwell's chair whilst she was writing on the blackboard.

When she sat down, the pin pierced her buttock cheek and she gave a massive scream.

The entire class could not stop laughing, and the detention for the enitre class followed after school.
I cannot remember what the worst thing i have done but in elementary school i have almost gotten suspended bc i threw a stick and it stuck in a kids ear XD

Thunder rain and wind
A song of storms begins

Play a song, A melody
Then everybody will see
The hero of time
Has come
(#9 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-12-2009, 02:43 AM

Quote:
So it sounds like the letter is pretty accurate?
(#10 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
12-12-2009, 02:43 AM

Okay my serious answer to this = That's kind of retarded. I mean, granted, that's pretty unnecessary of people to do during a basketball game, though funny, still unnecessary. But it's even more unnecessary for this teacher to write this kind of crap about you guys? That's ridiculous imo.