LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-13-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabishiineko View Post
she is just a tourist!!!unfortunately she was waaay to older than me(she is 30 and i am 17 years old) so i was kinda embarassed to ask her mail or her facebook name. i regret it now
Na, age doesn't matter..

I had a senior class in Japan of over 60's, and these men and women were fantastic friends..

I also used to drink regularly in Kyoto city with a Japanese Chemist who was 75. He had many foreign friends.

Of course they may think differently as you are very young. Who knows, she may have a daughter or son you could have been friends with..

Cheers - Oz
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-13-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
Of course they may think differently as you are very young. Who knows, she may have a daughter or son you could have been friends with..
There's 13 years between them. She had to have given birth at the age of 13 in order to have the same age child :P

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#13 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-13-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

There's 13 years between them. She had to have given birth at the age of 13 in order to have the same age child :P
That's a good point. Actually, when I mentioned the age thing as not important, I was forgetting the 17 year old.

It wasn't so much the 13 year gap, afterall, if she was 43 and she was 56, friends would have worked.

I was just thinking, I was 35 when I had senior Japanese friends so that's a huge difference from the maturity of a 17 year old..

I had a few Korean girls around the other night that were 21 and 22, I tell you, I felt like I was talking to two year olds!

Cheers - Oz
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-13-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
That's a good point. Actually, when I mentioned the age thing as not important, I was forgetting the 17 year old.

It wasn't so much the 13 year gap, afterall, if she was 43 and she was 56, friends would have worked.

I was just thinking, I was 35 when I had senior Japanese friends so that's a huge difference from the maturity of a 17 year old..

I had a few Korean girls around the other night that were 21 and 22, I tell you, I felt like I was talking to two year olds!
I agree. When you're past 23, the age gap doesn't look so bad. But from 17 to 30, can look bad, even though it isn't.

Age is a funny thing, and does funny things to people. Sometimes, you find the most maturest 19 year old's, and the most childish 40 year olds. Odd.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#15 (permalink))
Old
sabishiineko (Offline)
New to JF

12-13-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:

When you're past 23, the age gap doesn't look so bad. But from 17 to 30, can look bad, even though it isn't.
i agree!!!she doesnt have any kids.in fact,she told me that she will get married in 6 months XD
(#16 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-13-2009, 11:03 PM

Quote:

I agree. When you're past 23, the age gap doesn't look so bad. But from 17 to 30, can look bad, even though it isn't.

I wouldn't say "bad" which I would summaraize as emotions, however, I do think that it very much depends on each individual.

Cheers - Oz