LinkBack Thread Tools
(#101 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-14-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post
No one deserves to be raped. No one. It's a horrible thing.
Umm, I totally agree with you, within reason.

Cheers - Oz
(#102 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-14-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKira View Post
hold up there though... you seem to want to make this a one sided gender issue, but might i remind you that whilst less prominent, there have been plenty of males molested by females
plus, consider statutory rape. there have been plenty of those cases concerning the female as well
This too.

Quote:
Rape and Gender

-An estimated 91% of victims of rape are female, 9% are male and 99% of offenders are male. (Bureau of Justice Statistics 1999)
-93% of women and 86% of men who were raped and/or physically assaulted since the age of 18 were assaulted by a male. (National Violence Against Women Survey, 1998)
-Sexual assault is reported by 33-46% of women who are being physically assaulted by their husbands. (AMA 1995)
I have to say thought. Men have it much worse. 86% of male rape victims are raped by men.

Yeouch.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#103 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

12-14-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:

86% of male rape victims are raped by men.
asnwer - prison

IamKira
(#104 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
12-14-2009, 10:58 PM

Well to answer person who started the thread. I dont care what any woman is wearing or how revealing it is just because she is dressed like a whore doesnt make her one. No one has the right to touch another without their permission plain and simple. Do i think parents need to regulate their young daughters with what they can wear in public yes. Because i have seen very young girls 12 and 13 wear some clothes that made them look like whores (Mind its still not ok to touch) What wear is a representation of who we are and what we think about ourselves. There is tasteful yet sexy unfortunately there is also un-tasteful and slutty.

(#105 (permalink))
Old
WhoIsDaffy (Offline)
Banned

12-15-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:

And I see your point, but I'm pretty certain a lot of rape is inflicted on people who show a lot of skin. That's not saying that it's not the men's fault. It is.

sorry dude, don't mean to jump down your throat but thats wrong.
Rape and sex are two almost non-connected things.
you would not think so, but it's the case.

that aside,

Generalise much anyone?

i said it before, saying it again.
its not what you wear, its how you wear it.

if you want to know weather a girl will put out on the first night of meeting her, dont look at her clothes. look in her eyes.

everyone here is right, and also wrong.
girls wear "slutty" clothes for all of the reasons stated and half a dozen more.
(The internal girl social thing, that is very prevelant and probably responsible for most cases of "slutty" dressing)

but mostly the reasons range, as (check this out):
to quote the lovely ms steffani
"So many different people, so many different ways."

we are all different.

again,

so so simples

Last edited by WhoIsDaffy : 12-15-2009 at 09:23 AM. Reason: erm also people without kids shouldn't give parenting advice
(#106 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
12-15-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:

Again, I don't think people have it coming to them if they dress that way.

And I see your point, but I'm pretty certain a lot of rape is inflicted on people who show a lot of skin. That's not saying that it's not the men's fault. It is.

The chances are, the man would have raped the woman either way. But the outfits could lead many men (mainly drunk men, who wouldn't rape on normal situations) to do such things.
I don't think the way you dress have anything to do with getting raped.

Now a guy under the influence is a different matter. Alcohol confuses your brain and misleads signals - so often I can imagine it just being a drunkie not knowing that the girl's saying no. Yet, obviously it's still rape, but alcohol is to blame here, not necessarily the girl. And even IF alcohol is to blame, it's still retarded to think rape-thoughts when you're drunk. J/S

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKira View Post
hold up there though... you seem to want to make this a one sided gender issue, but might i remind you that whilst less prominent, there have been plenty of males molested by females
plus, consider statutory rape. there have been plenty of those cases concerning the female as well
And no, I'm not trying to make anything one-sided. The thread is called ''She had it coming.''. SHE is female.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
And nope you won't whine if you put the hand in an oven on purpose.
I WOULD still whine, as getting burned hurts. lol. Unless the oven was off.

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#107 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
12-15-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
So why do we expect women to dress a certain way? Why do we have such harsh reactions when we think a woman is dressed inappropriately? Why are some women raped and killed, and why do others think, "She had it coming," when it happens?

Because honestly, I've been seeing men topless and in their underwear for all 20 years of my life now, and I have yet to see someone call a man a slut for it.
Primal instincts anyone? It all brakes down to that. The curves of female body are a sign of maturity and represents her sexappeal, the more one exposes them, the more others (subconsciously, or consciously... or both) assume she is showcasing herself. I thought that's a simple truth, understood by all.
And even if we don't live in stone age any more, where acting upon instincts were not met by law or defendants of human rights and instead of that our "culture" dictates how far exactly is the blurry line that we are not supposed to cross, nothing much has changed since then. Save for the fact that nowadays people have much more of a choice of just how much exactly they want to expose themselves. Complete freedom of self-expression and representation. Yet, the privilege of being able to alter the way you are seen by others, just as any other privilege, imposes responsibility. Thus one is responsible for the way it represents itself to others (again, a simple truth, which is, I expect, understood by all).
And the subject is judged, looked upon, depending on the choices it has made when selecting just how much it wants to be exposed.
This judgement as any other is, of course, subjective, influenced by the culture and ones own personal demons. And even if it does happen only on a subconscious level of the blunt mind that males are blessed with, nothing much has changed in this department since the stone age.
Now throw in envy, rivalry and all the other beautiful things that lurk beneath our culturally-correct skin, and you have yourself a forest fire.

As for the difference between the acceptable level of exposure between male and female body... I think it's also understood by all, and weather or not one chooses to question or deny it, it is, of course, up to ones own subjective mind to do so.

(#108 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
12-15-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orewasenshi View Post
._____.

I'm pretty sure I'm not Muslim, and I live in the USA. So honestly, STFU.

I don't care if it's sexy to a man or not, it's wrong to be treated just like a piece of meat half of the time when you're wearing a short skirt or low-cut shirt. Sorry, but I actually have pride in myself and don't want to be labeled as a whore or a slut, thank you very much.

Sorry, but it honestly comes from experience from myself and other people I've been around, and I have highly feminist views.
Quit dressing and acting like one then?

And yes, girls that dress like whores deserve to be treated as so, they're asking for it.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#109 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

12-15-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excessum View Post
Primal instincts anyone? It all brakes down to that. The curves of female body are a sign of maturity and represents her sexappeal, the more one exposes them, the more others (subconsciously, or consciously... or both) assume she is showcasing herself. I thought that's a simple truth, understood by all.
And even if we don't live in stone age any more, where acting upon instincts were not met by law or defendants of human rights and instead of that our "culture" dictates how far exactly is the blurry line that we are not supposed to cross, nothing much has changed since then.
nice... i love it when people are this matter-of-fact ... i stated earlier that govt is merely a facade and that in the end, we are animals with animalistic instincts..and will act on them if we see no viable repercussions, but no one seemed to take heed of my words and dismissed them as rubbish

IamKira
(#110 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
12-15-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
Quit dressing and acting like one then?

And yes, girls that dress like whores deserve to be treated as so, they're asking for it.
I don't think you're one to talk, bro.

Also, I think your statement is crazy - yet it doesn't surprise me that you think this way. lol. You and I will never agree on this, I'm sure.

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast