JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

Smile Sharing Accommodation.. - 12-18-2009, 03:25 AM

Only full honest and frank thought out opinions here please post.

What are your opinions, inn's and out's of sharing your accommodation?

Do you have experience in such a role?

Would you prefer male, female, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Caucasian, age, etc.?

I would prefer a female, under 30, Japanese, Korean, German and American.

I would not share with an Aussie chick as they are just to LOUD and messay, and a local British female backpacker, NO-NO NO, especially a Cockney from London

Cheers - Oz
(#2 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

12-18-2009, 03:30 AM

problematic. but its enjoyable
I share with 3 of my high school friends because we all go to the same uni and I've known them for nine years but theres still arguments.

Im not going to judge anyone by their nationality though,

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#3 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-18-2009, 04:14 AM

I'm looking now..

I had a Japanese girl from Okinawa with a cat, a Korean girl who loves to beer and smoke, and now a 25 year Korean boy with long hair who hates Koreans!

Oh, and my favourite, a lovely Hong Kong girl who is presently on the Gold Coast for New Year celebrations, and won't be arrivng in Cairns until January.
I favour this girl as her messages are so polite.

Japanese are great as they can be fully trusted, are super clean, and like their private space alone in their rooms.

Korean girls can get a little bit noisy with friends coming over often..

It's a difficult call..

Cheers - Oz
(#4 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
12-18-2009, 03:04 PM

I have had an array of roommates over the years and generally it takes knowing a bit about their everyday habits to make a good choice and then adjusting to not being the sole opinion in the house. The only real problems I have ever had were the ones I only knew from socializing in public or working with.

I think I have had better luck with male roommates because its easier to stay out of each others lives and there is no competition. But one of the two worst slobs I have ever lived with was my last male roommate. I should have gotten a damage deposit from him! But my best was a woman. We thought alike and enjoyed all the same things.... except men. We had totally different preferences and we were different enough that no guy was ever interested in both of us and vice-versa. We shared apartments for years until she got married.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-19-2009, 12:09 PM

I'm lucky being where I am as their is a huge selection with Korean and Japanese students and Working Holiday visa makers.

They are nine out of ten very safe, well mannered, and very honest.

I generally saty away from Aussies or Kiwis..

A good example is a 27 year old girl who is DESPERATE for me to accept her, I have not met her yet and she has not inspected, although she is ready to jump into bed with me and has also proposed that we put the money for food together.. My website ad inbox is full from her, my home answering machine, and my mobile phone has loads of messages from her.

She's now telling me that her father's girlfriend kicked her out of home, etc.

She's also asking for a rent reduction.

Feel sorry for her, yes, but I could only imagine the problems that would follow.

the difference is, my house is a fully functioning and equipped home with the best of all equipment.. I am 41 years old..

I will want people to appreciate that using any of my Shun Ken Onion kitchen knives should be respected.

Korean's, and even more so Japanese are just so respectful.

So the bottom line is, I have thought about this more deeply and will opt in for a male Korean guy, 25, he is a bit of a hippy with long hair, and initially he told me that he "hates Koreans" which did put me off a little showing him as immature, but it;'s all good, and I'll see how he goes..

One thing, if he is ever late with his rent, he will be out on his ear

Cheers - Oz
(#6 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-19-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYinniex View Post
Im not going to judge anyone by their nationality though,
I don't particularly prefer one nationality, age group or gender to another. There is no reason to encourage stereotyping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
So the bottom line is, I have thought about this more deeply and will opt in for a male Korean guy, 25, he is a bit of a hippy with long hair, and initially he told me that he "hates Koreans" which did put me off a little showing him as immature, but it;'s all good, and I'll see how he goes.
I'm guessing that he is a Zainichi Kankokujin (Korean who was born in Japan with a separate status). Of course, he will likely hate Korea no matter what if that's the case.

I think I told you before, ozkai. Young South Koreans absolutely hate their own country mostly because of the horrific and notorious American military, social and political presence in Seoul since 1945.

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.