LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

12-29-2009, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
I watched it Christmas day with the family.

[SPOILER BELOW]

With all that said, I did have one notable problem with the movie... and that was when Grace died.
I feel I didn't care as much as I probably should have.

I was more affected when the soldier chick died... and I don't even remember her name. lol
lol thats what my friends said. Her name was Trudy. I totally agree with you about the delivery of story they made a recycled story in a way that pulls you into the movie very well. I was sad for like a day and a half because i could not be a na'vi. sad but true.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-03-2010, 08:44 AM

I went to see this tonight and I thought it was good, as I expected, but not a must see. There is no such thing as a must see for everyone. I would say if you are into crazy mystical nature and stuff like that, then this might be a must see for you. For me, District 9 was a must see.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

01-03-2010, 09:23 AM

Hmm . . .Pretty graphics or singing chipmunks . ..

Nyu would rather see singing Chipmunks?
(#24 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-03-2010, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manganimefan227 View Post
Hmm . . .Pretty graphics or singing chipmunks . ..

Nyu would rather see singing Chipmunks?
I guess Nyu would be the best one to answer that question.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

01-03-2010, 12:24 PM

I'm usually a person who dislikes 3d, because it's not usually 3d, and it's usually extra money for something that's not really noticeable. Also, I hate really hyped up movies, much like the Dark Knight. And because of that, I was at a dislike to begin with.

HOWEVER.

I fell in love with the movie.

The visuals, how Pandora was made (I'm a HUGE sucker for landscape settings. IT's one of the main things I look for in films/games. If I'm in awe of the landscape, that's a huge plus.).

I agree the story itself was a recycled one. But they managed to keep everyone captivated regardless.

Thing I found that was interesting, was how my friend reacted to it. At first, he was falling asleep, and thought the Neytiri (Main female Na'bi) was ugly, and odd. But as the movie progressed, he went to me "Is this weird? I'm finding her more attractive as the movie goes on" and by the end was fully engrossed into the movie.

This film is easily a favourite. There's been many shit films lately, and this, 'Sherlock Holmes', and 'Law Abiding Citizen' and proven to me that there are still good films out there.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#26 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

01-03-2010, 12:59 PM

I thought Avatar was really good. I'm the same as Salvanas' friend. At first, I kept looking at my watch thinking this is too slow and they just looked weird. By the end of the film though, I found myself thinking, wow, Neytiri is beautiful and so is the life they were all leading. Only two films have made me look at aliens and feel sorry for them, or feel something powerful for them. That's Avatar, and the other is District 9. I think, because of these two films, 2009 was a great year for movies. But, Avatar isn't the greatest movie of all time
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
01-04-2010, 03:19 PM

A truly amazing movie. I saw it 2D first then went again 3D and I have to say I was disappointed big time. If you ain't seen it yet 3D isn't worth the + $5 it costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Avatar isn't the greatest movie of all time
Oh it IS!

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#28 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
01-04-2010, 04:10 PM

watch the 3D version the other day..
was very impressed by the way they shaped Pandora and all..
trully worth the money~=

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!

(#29 (permalink))
Old
Zenzen (Offline)
JF Regular

Talking 01-04-2010, 04:20 PM

I say that, Avatar to this generation is like the Titanic for last generation. I loved the way not only how it looked, but the story line itself. Avatar reminds me of what happened to Native Americans and Africans when they're lands were being taken and treated like "savages" (hate the word), when in truth, they knew more and were more compassionate than they were. It sucks that the human people didn't catch up on their history before doing what they did......

AVATAR ROCKED IT!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS WORTH THE 14 YEARS OF PRODUCTION!!!!

~Looks around corner, hides under bed, climbs over cabinet, eats sour-stick, hides behind you with a grin, drops to floor, crawls under desk, wiggles in mouse-hole, flaps to roof, scrapes on tiles, jumps in chimney, slugs to stairs, reaches for corner,
THERE YOU ARE, REALM OF RANDOM!~
-The_Wondering_Otaku, Zenzen
(#30 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
01-04-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenzen View Post
I say that, Avatar to this generation is like the Titanic for last generation. I loved the way not only how it looked, but the story line itself. Avatar reminds me of what happened to Native Americans and Africans when they're lands were being taken and treated like "savages" (hate the word), when in truth, they knew more and were more compassionate than they were. It sucks that the human people didn't catch up on their history before doing what they did......

AVATAR ROCKED IT!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS WORTH THE 14 YEARS OF PRODUCTION!!!!
Thank you, Sherlock.