JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Help with translation (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/29781-help-translation.html)

WIDM 01-08-2010 03:25 PM

Help with translation

Hi, I'm looking for someone who can translate some japanese for me.

There's a show on dutch television called 'Who Is The Mole?', in which the contestants must complete different challenges to earn money. But there is one mole in the group who tries to stop them and make them lose money by sabotaging the challenges. The group does not know who the mole is and they have to find out in order to win the money.

Each year they go to a different country to do these challenges, and in the show there are alot of hidden messages and hints to discover who the mole is. For example one time the mole has used sign language to make the sentence 'Inge (that was her name) The Mole':

And every time she talked to the camera she would start with the dutch word 'toen', which sounds the same like the Thai word for mole (they were in thailand that season).

So it is alot of fun to try and find these hidden messages and discover who the mole is, and I could use some help with the following:

I would like to know what the contestant is saying at 07:36 minutes in this episode: Player omroep.nl to the japanese man that's holding the sign. And what he is saying back?

Another thing I would like to know is what the word for 'mole' is in japanese? Or perhaps there are more ways to write it, I would like to know too :D

Your help is much appreciated, thanks :D

yuriyuri 01-08-2010 03:47 PM

Do you understand (couldn't hear this properly)?
No
Can you speak English?
No

That's it, nothing special
Maybe he is saying a word I know in his first sentence where I couldn't hear it properly.
But I'm not a native speaker so it's difficult to make out the words through the accent.

Nyororin 01-08-2010 03:54 PM

He only says that he doesn`t understand them. The guy looking at the phrase book asks if he can speak English, and he pretty much answers that he doesn`t. No talk of moles.

In Japanese, "mole" (as in the animal) is モグラ (mogura). In terms of a mole in a group like that, 内通者 (naitsuusha) is probably the best approximation. Although normally you`d just call them a "spy" which is the same as English in Japanese.

SHAD0W 01-08-2010 03:57 PM

I can't watch the video cuz I'm missing plugins or somethin (can't read German) but the Japanese word for mole as in the animal is モグラ - Mogura but I'm guessing you mean in the sense of a sabotuer which is 二重スパイ - Nijyuu Supai (double (crossing) spy). I hope this helps?

Edit - Meh! the JF-Experts got here before me :p

WIDM 01-08-2010 04:03 PM

Thanks alot for your quick help, I was hoping that he would have said a hidden message in japanese :D Too bad, may I ask for your help again if I look for other clues in the following episodes?
But now I know what the word for mole is perhaps I will spot it somewhere :D
Thanks again!

PS: SHAD0W, it is not German haha it's Dutch!

WIDM 01-14-2010 09:42 PM

Could anyone tell me what this sign says?

MMM 01-14-2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WIDM (Post 795143)
Could anyone tell me what this sign says?

iro

means "color"

WIDM 01-14-2010 10:14 PM

Thanks alot! :D

WIDM 02-04-2010 09:54 PM

Hey, I could use some help again with translating this:

thanks in advance for your kindness!

Sashimister 02-05-2010 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WIDM (Post 798478)
Hey, I could use some help again with translating this:

You speak as if this were a Japanese sentence! It isn't.

It says "Tomorrow-spiral-photo-answer-scenery" even with a mistake in it.