JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
2010 Of to a bad start (For me) - 01-25-2010, 06:08 AM

I'm the type of person who has to do something other than just sit in my room doing random things all over boredom. College was the best thing I've ever done and now i can't go, supposedly I'm going to San Jose for some job training thing but i was suppose to be there like weeks ago. There was one spot left in December last year and i needed to take my college finals so i gave that spot to my friend. I was told i was going to be there a month after he went (In January) but i got an email telling me i may not go till February or worse months fare after January. After i received the news i quickly tried to register for college classes i would enjoy. Japanese, Tennis, Guitar, Music production and so on. They were all full and with no chance of me getting in, i can't get a job knowing that i may have to quit a month later and that won't be good in a resume anyway. Teaching myself Japanese may be harder now then the last time i did it. If i don't go to San Jose within the next few months i wont go at all and ill take summer college courses. So now I'm stuck home with barley anything to do for who knows how long. I feel worse knowing while I'm not doing anything two of my best friends who's foot steps i would like to follow in are doing something that i can't do at this time.

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
I have no enemies my opponent is my teacher.
(けとだ!) (こい) (とどめだ!) I Am Shadow The Hedgehog
(#2 (permalink))
Old
darthlobo (Offline)
JF Regular

01-25-2010, 02:31 PM

I'm really sorry to hear that. I guess what you could do now is just keep hacking at learning Japanese anyways, even though it will be difficult. In the meantime, try to keep your mind occupied. Learn some new songs on guitar, set some goals that you can achieve at home, play some video games. That's what I'd do, anyways.

I choose the twilight path to the dawn.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
yuriyuri (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-25-2010, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuruneru View Post
Teaching myself Japanese may be harder now then the last time i did it.
Just out of interest, why will it be harder this time?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
01-25-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuriyuri View Post
Just out of interest, why will it be harder this time?
Well back then i had a place to start of and i guess when it comes to Japanese I'm not 100% on teaching myself. The only thing i did teach myself was Hiragana katakana and a very small amount of kanji. When it came to sentiences and grammar,particles i was lost. Then when i took a Japanese class it was much clearer. And now even when i passed the class i still don't know where to continue. I have i guess a medium amount of things on Japanese like two text books, Rosetta stone 1-4, some Japanese book with hundreds of vocab and example sentences, about maybe five or more ebooks, Keyhole TV,TV Ants, Anki, Kanji gold. And i still feel lost.

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
darthlobo (Offline)
JF Regular

01-25-2010, 10:43 PM

I know what you mean; I'm trying to learn Japanese on my own, and it is so hard. Nothing seems to be sticking.

I choose the twilight path to the dawn.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-25-2010, 10:58 PM

Its just i don't know where to continue and where i do i remember what it means but its just weired. And then when i watch a video or someone talking Japanese i become ashamed of myself for not trying as hard as i want to. I want to know way more then i do now before I'm like 23 or before i return to japan.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
yuriyuri (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-25-2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuruneru View Post
I have i guess a medium amount of things on Japanese like two text books, Rosetta stone 1-4, some Japanese book with hundreds of vocab and example sentences, about maybe five or more ebooks, Keyhole TV,TV Ants, Anki, Kanji gold. And i still feel lost.
Open up one of your books. Problem solved.
It sounds to me like you just can't be bothered.
I don't know if that sounds harsh, but thats the impression I get.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-25-2010, 11:40 PM

I just said on my last post what happends when i do that.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Megabyte117 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-26-2010, 12:49 AM

Seriously? So no Japanese resource works without someone telling you what to do? Have you tried Tae Kim? There's plenty of free resources on the internet that are very good.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

01-26-2010, 01:04 AM

The real price of a sacrafice, A personal hit . . .You're a good friend for that, You should be proud ^_^

I apologize due to having no advice not already mentioned -bows-