JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Ascherman (Offline)
New to JF

Looking for Tokyo Contact - 01-27-2010, 05:16 AM

I'm a new forum member. And I'm looking for someone to do me a favor in Tokyo... (good grief, how crassly american to ask a total stranger for help)

Okay... here is the short version of my long story.

I'm looking for someone who might be willing to go to Nakimase Dori in the Asakusa area of Tokyo and purchase a specific pair of chopsticks. I have a photo of the chopsticks and a general idea of where the shop that I saw them is located.

The long version of my story:

A week ago, January 2010, we visited Tokyo. The trip was much too short... only 4 days. One afternoon I visited the Kannon Temple and afterward I wandered in and out of the many souvineer shops and vendor stalls on Nakimase Dori. Before long I was overwhelmed with the abundance of items that were for sale.
In one shop I spent a long time looking at these chopsticks There were 2 pairs in the box. I think they are rosewood. One pair has a relief carving of a turtle and the other pair a relief carving of a crane. Foolishly I did not purchase.

From the moment I began my journey home I regretted not purchasing that particular pair of chopsticks. Who knows if I will ever again be able to return to Japan? Or when that might be.

So I began searching on the internet for some similar chopsticks with no success. And then I began a search for someone who might be living in or visiting Tokyo. And that's how I came to the JapanForum. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu.

Christine

Last edited by Ascherman : 01-27-2010 at 05:30 AM.