JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Hellkite (Offline)
Finally, in LOVE!

Send a message via MSN to Hellkite Send a message via Yahoo to Hellkite Send a message via Skype™ to Hellkite
Wink Age limits in Japan? - 01-26-2010, 02:19 PM

Hello guys!

I am in Japan, Tokyo then, and wanted to know, at which age it is allowed to enter dicos or bars there? I am 18 years old, i know the japanese age is 20, to be seen as an adult. In Vienna for example you can enter nearly all clubs and dicos at the age of 16! So, is it possible I can enter a japanese club with a girl i know who is 19?
Please answer me soon, thank you very much!!

Japan, I come next year!! wohooo!!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
01-26-2010, 02:52 PM

I'd really like to know if dicos is something I've never heard before, or if you mistyped discos twice?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Hellkite (Offline)
Finally, in LOVE!

Send a message via MSN to Hellkite Send a message via Yahoo to Hellkite Send a message via Skype™ to Hellkite
01-26-2010, 02:56 PM

well, i mean clubs, where you dance and drink alc

(#4 (permalink))
Old
JayT (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-26-2010, 03:02 PM

Well it all really depends on how you look and act, if you're mature and mellow then you can get in if you know some people. Although I wouldn't risk it, especially if you look foreign. For any reason if an authority figure does notice and pulls you aside, you could get into big trouble depending on the person. I wouldn't recommend it.

[<--Nan's heart!]

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Hellkite (Offline)
Finally, in LOVE!

01-26-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT View Post
Well it all really depends on how you look and act, if you're mature and mellow then you can get in if you know some people. Although I wouldn't risk it, especially if you look foreign. For any reason if an authority figure does notice and pulls you aside, you could get into big trouble depending on the person. I wouldn't recommend it.

no, i mean anyway get in with my passport! but is it possible at the age of 18, as i am a foreigner? are there clubs where you get in at the age of 18 or 16 or so?

(#6 (permalink))
Old
JayT (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-26-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellkite View Post
no, i mean anyway get in with my passport! but is it possible at the age of 18, as i am a foreigner? are there clubs where you get in at the age of 18 or 16 or so?
From what I know they're all 20 years, but there still a lot of young people that go clubbing, just try and blend in with your friend and you should be all good

Just don't make trouble and you shouldn't be picked out of the crowd,
and definitely don't get drunk as passout on the street, I know there's big consequences if they find you and you're underage

[<--Nan's heart!]

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Hellkite (Offline)
Finally, in LOVE!

01-26-2010, 03:20 PM

oh, okay, i see, but well, i am 18, and as i am a foreigner, for my country, austria, i am grown up already
and i try to get in then, i have a mustache and a beard, both strong!
you can see on the pic i attached, i was with mina in a restaurant, and wanna go with her to a club too, but even she is only 19, and not 20 >< hah
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20066_1336664822434_1405521485_30949131_5654404_n.jpg (41.9 KB, 115 views)

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Undertherose25 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-26-2010, 08:56 PM

I live in a college town in Florida. They let you enter bars at 16-20 but you have to wear a bracelet that says 'UNDERAGE' and the bar tender is required to look at your ID every time to buy a drink.

Police dress in civilian clothes or in uniform and walk around in the bars inside and out. The people undercover pretend to be normal people and arrest you if they catch you without your bracelet or drinking [they request to see your ID if they suspect anything and show you their badge]. The bar can get find if they catch you, and they're starting to come down harder on them than ever.

I personally don't see the point of drinking and/or partying so I never go into town. But they always run warnings on all the local channels and my town has its own Police Show on a local station to show what they do to people they catch.

♥Proud Wife of a U.S. Airman♥

Dir en Grey

Last edited by Undertherose25 : 01-26-2010 at 08:58 PM.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

01-26-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellkite View Post
oh, okay, i see, but well, i am 18, and as i am a foreigner, for my country, austria, i am grown up already
and i try to get in then, i have a mustache and a beard, both strong!
you can see on the pic i attached, i was with mina in a restaurant, and wanna go with her to a club too, but even she is only 19, and not 20 >< hah
Are you really 18?

You look way older

(Take that as a compliment!)

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.

Last edited by JasonTakeshi : 01-26-2010 at 09:12 PM.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

01-27-2010, 01:33 AM

Do some Kareoke.

I know for a fact that the worst singers have the most fun in those places . . . XD

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.