LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
01-31-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Do you think school has a purpouse or is it there to stress you?
Since you've spelled purpose wrong, maybe you'er not utilizing your schooling enough

Quote:
Hard subjects, for example, such as Math and Science, especially in high school can be very confusing and in the end, alot of the stuff you learn only people entering certain fields or careers need those skills. I think these should be electives!
So electives such as art are what we SHOULD be taking, since EVERY career uses art skills?
Math and Science are used in many various fields, a lot more than the average elective is. While you may not end up using them, they're the facts and figures of life. They're the basics, and you would end up using them before you would a random elective.

Quote:
Someone said a class for everything Tax should be required and I agree, It's a useful skill so that you are not stressed out. Also like they said, cooking classes as well.
My school has around 300 people in it, and is poor when compared to the average high school. We offer classes dealing with taxes. They're harder and more stressful than your average math class, but if WE offer them, then I'm sure you offer something similar. Maybe you just haven't looked deep enough into what your school offers.

Quote:
Also learning anout World Cultures through language classes!! Our kids are our future! We should teach them how to appreciate culture so that war does not break.
Many schools teach languages.
Disrespect for culture is NOT what causes wars. People and their actions cause wars. Maybe you should be paying more attention in history class.
Also, I've had some of my classes touch up on the culture subject. Many people snickered and called it weird. Point is, you can't teach respect from a text book. Respect and appreciation for culture is better left self-taught.

Quote:
One last thing, Politics: How To Be A Future Politic and NOT be Arrogant People Trying to Get Everyone To Live Your Way- America- Nuff said!
How would politics be more useful than math?
I'm going into an art field, and I don't see how politics would affect me whatsoever. I'd use math and science before I'd use politics. Also, as said before, look in to your own curriculum, I'm sure there are some politics classes.
(and great, you named America......now please name the hundreds of other countries that think the same way)

Quote:
Do you think we should still learn the way we do? Or "Prepare for life " In a different way? . . .
Since when was high school the only schooling that could prepare us for life? There's college, and even hands on experiences like GETTING A JOB. There are many ways we can prepare for life, and while it may start in high school, the limit definately isn't high school.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

01-31-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyMePink View Post
S
How would politics be more useful than math?
I'm going into an art field, and I don't see how politics would affect me whatsoever. I'd use math and science before I'd use politics. Also, as said before, look in to your own curriculum, I'm sure there are some politics classes.
(and great, you named America......now please name the hundreds of other countries that think the same way)
What kind of art field are you going into. I'll tell you how politics can have at least some impact on your job.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-31-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
What kind of art field are you going into. I'll tell you how politics can have at least some impact on your job.
The reality is politics has an effect on every job, and is also a reason why there are so many artists whose works are make a political statement in one way or another.

Artists make statements, and often they are political. Certainly not always...or even most of the time...but just because one is an artist doesn't mean he or she is not affected by politics.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

01-31-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
The reality is politics has an effect on every job, and is also a reason why there are so many artists whose works are make a political statement in one way or another.

Artists make statements, and often they are political. Certainly not always...or even most of the time...but just because one is an artist doesn't mean he or she is not affected by politics.
Oh I know, I was more or less curious as to what field he/she planned on going into :P

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

01-31-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
I think both you and Salvanas are talking about different things... The definition of art you've just used can be used for anything. Someone could say there is an art to taking a piss! It doesn't mean it's art! I think Salvanas does have a point... the majority of people I know that are "artists", studying Art, illustration, cinematography etc are people that failed at school!
Then whats art?

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

01-31-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTakeshi View Post
Then whats art?
Well, art is subjective... but for me, art is a SIGNIFICANT product of our imagination. While, I appreciate that someone might feel that taking a piss is art, the majority do not! If we don't simplify it like that, then talking about art can go as deep as philosophy... there is no right or wrong to your question!
(#47 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

01-31-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Well, art is subjective... but for me, art is a SIGNIFICANT product of our imagination. While, I appreciate that someone might feel that taking a piss is art, the majority do not! If we don't simplify it like that, then talking about art can go as deep as philosophy... there is no right or wrong to your question!
For me, taking a piss is art. But since the majority doesn't agree, its not art. It might be some relevant factor who influences the majority opinion...

Is it because its piss? Or is it because its related to art?

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

01-31-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
For me, taking a piss is art. But since the majority doesn't agree, its not art. It might be some relevant factor who influences the majority opinion...

Is it because its piss? Or is it because its related to art?
For me, taking a piss isn't art, because 6 billion people take a piss the same way... There is nothing significant or unique or inspiring about it. But, that's just me...
(#49 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

01-31-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
For me, taking a piss isn't art, because 6 billion people take a piss the same way... There is nothing significant or unique or inspiring about it. But, that's just me...
For you, art needs to be significant, unique or inspiring?

(#50 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

01-31-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
For you, art needs to be significant, unique or inspiring?
Yes! It basically needs to inspire/affect people in a significant and/or unique way!