JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

01-31-2010, 10:52 PM

Really it depnds whether you like your life or not . . .

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.

Last edited by manganimefan227 : 01-31-2010 at 10:54 PM.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
gyl0119 (Offline)
JF Regular

02-01-2010, 06:34 PM

i guess now were moving to talking about the meaning of life,
for me, i gotta say life itself is meaningless, however the meaning to life is based on the fact that its meaningless, for life to be meaningful we gotta give it a meaning, therefore the definition of meaning from my pov is simply going through time and enduring whatever time throws at you, such as working, going to school. rather the meaning of life is a diary that has a beginning and an end, in between that time frame, one will be writing their meaning of life from start to end. my meaning of life. so should one fear death, i gotta say no one shall not fear death, if death is the sole concept of death itself, however if death is the the result of an inference from a fear, then we can look at death and that fear as one concept, ex. a man is about to be shot, the man that is going to be shot shall fear death, because being death is now the product of being shot and one shall fear being shot at.

possible objections: being shot leads to death, therefore the 2 concepts are conjoint and are relative.

response to objection: i am not trying to prove that fearing of being shot and death is not the same, however i am just saying that death as a sole concept on its own shall not be feared, as both the philosophers epicurus and socrates has reasoned.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-01-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
No, I`m sure death itself is not the most painful thing out there - nor did I say it was. But I seriously doubt it`s a great deal of fun either.
Plus, I`d say it really depends on HOW you die. The event that leads to your death might just be the most painful thing ever. Fighting to live, struggling through unimaginable pain... to die. That would not be much fun.
Well I'd still say that even the worst death, the process of death itself couldn't touch the worst thing alive in nastiness - like torture, for example. Even other things like slavery without the slightest hope of escape and without even the ability to die. To me, that seems worse than death. If nothing else, because it lasts way, way longer.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Zerj (Offline)
JF Regular

02-02-2010, 01:08 AM

I personally think that fear of death makes no sense. Why? Because you won't "live your death" when you die you just die, it's not something you're gonna feel or experience.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
xDreamsDrownWithinx (Offline)
New to JF

02-02-2010, 02:42 AM

Sould one fear death ? Nope..
A few days ago my grandfather died. He was ill with a cancer of lungs. So... Death was the better end for him. It's better to die than to live with it. This is just one example. I can say something else here if anybody wants to listen.
Somebody here told us something about the meaning of life. This is interesting to talk about it.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Zerj (Offline)
JF Regular

02-02-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDreamsDrownWithinx View Post
A few days ago my grandfather died. He was ill with a cancer of lungs. So... Death was the better end for him. It's better to die than to live with it. This is just one example. I can say something else here if anybody wants to listen.
Somebody here told us something about the meaning of life. This is interesting to talk about it.
Exactly!
I think a life of suffering is just not worth it

嗜癖:
チョコレート
フォーラム
リアリティテレビ
アニメ
マンガ
(#27 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
02-02-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDreamsDrownWithinx View Post
Most people have tears in their eyes when they die naturally. Both my grandpas had and many other old people I knew.

At that age, they do not fear death, they fear not being with their family anymore.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Heather (Offline)
IamAmongNoOne.

02-02-2010, 03:21 PM

I am not afraid of death.
But maybe, afraid of it being painful.
When i die, I want it to be because i got in the middle of a gangster shooting and get a blow in the head.
Head shooting=instant death.

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness will never understand it.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

02-03-2010, 02:30 AM

I too wish to die as a hero, A HERO!!

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
che2lg (Offline)
feeling fine

Send a message via Skype™ to che2lg
02-03-2010, 02:58 AM

Death is part of life and it is inevitable, so it should not be feared. Everyone has a beginning and an end and we know from the start we're bound to die. I guess, a lot of people fear is how are they going to die and leaving their loved ones behind...

>--->---@

eVeRyThInG hApPeNs FoR a ReAsOn