JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
02-03-2010, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzone View Post
I don't know about 10 years but according to Vexille in 70 or so it's going to be pure robots. Animation is never wrong.
Speak for yourself.

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
I have no enemies my opponent is my teacher.
(けとだ!) (こい) (とどめだ!) I Am Shadow The Hedgehog
(#12 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Smile color displays - 02-03-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
Cell phones in Japan where quite nice even back in 2000. From your profile/posts on the board it doesn't appear you were in Japan 10 years ago. You could actually get one with a color screen for 1 yen when you signed up for a plan. Color was a luxury back then and it was only DSTN Color displays, not TFT. But the phones were small and well ahead of the bricks still standard in the rest of the world.
Maybe in Japan of some parallel Universe.....
(#13 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-03-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
What are you complaining about? Who is dumping on America?

Crack down on Tobacco in Japan has been happening for a while. I was writing to 10 years from now Japan being to the degree America has taken it.

Yeah we all have our devices... Promoting health is one thing... prohibiting and taxing is another.

People who smoke, drink, or eat junk food know its not good for you, but seriously... I don't need anyone telling me its bad for me, tax, or to prevent it all together. Oh... we've already had that thread.

Too much Internet isn't good for you either you know... you know... they eyes on the screen, carpal tunnel, addiction to whatever have you on the net...

I throw in one more then...
Pot will be legalized in the U.S. and in Japan in 10 years.

At least you didn't complain about the fox news venture; but I'm sure you'll find something else.
When a term like "facist crackdown in America" is used to describe the promotion of a smoke-free lifestyle, I call that dumping on America. It happens here way too often, and I call on it whenever I see it.

Unlike the other activities you describe, there is nothing healthy about cigarettes. There is no safe use in moderation. That's all I will say about that.

Even if marijuana is legalized in the US, I would be shocked if it were legalized in Japan in 10 years. There is no organized or respected pro-marijuana movement like there is in the US. The attitudes about marijuana place it in the same catagory as meth or black tar heroin. It's not going to happen here.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-03-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
When a term like "facist crackdown in America" is used to describe the promotion of a smoke-free lifestyle, I call that dumping on America. It happens here way too often, and I call on it whenever I see it.
You are reaching.
None the less thanks for your public service announcement.

Quote:
Unlike the other activities you describe, there is nothing healthy about cigarettes. There is no safe use in moderation. That's all I will say about that.
Who said they are healthy for goodness sake.
But we all do things that are not healthy. Living in a smog filled city isn't healthy either, but some people don't like the country.

Quote:
Even if marijuana is legalized in the US, I would be shocked if it were legalized in Japan in 10 years. There is no organized or respected pro-marijuana movement like there is in the US. The attitudes about marijuana place it in the same catagory as meth or black tar heroin. It's not going to happen here.
Guess it depends on the groups you hang out with and where you live.
The idea that Japanese might have about Marijuana you paint here is probably right in most areas. That is just from lack of knowledge on the plant. The same ideas Jpaanese have that caffine, tobacco and alcohol, taking in moderation is also very acceptable on the same hand.

I think if the US legalizes it in some fashion I think Japan would soon follow. I get back to you about it in 10 years.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-03-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
LOLOL "by then" hilarious.
indeed.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
02-03-2010, 07:25 PM

Well i saw some news article a few months ago saying that most countries citizens live longer then American people, and japan was one of those countries with longer living citizens. Just saying, not trying to get involved in this.

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
I have no enemies my opponent is my teacher.
(けとだ!) (こい) (とどめだ!) I Am Shadow The Hedgehog

Last edited by Tsuruneru : 02-03-2010 at 07:29 PM.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-03-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuruneru View Post
Well i saw some news article a few months ago saying that most countries citizens live longer then American people, and japan was one of those countries with longer living citizens. Just saying, not trying to get involved in this.
And the Japanese smoke like stacks in comparison to America. The air pollution in many urban cities in Japan is not very nice at all. I think those reports mainly are focused on Okinawa, but I think surely life style and diet has some affect in Japan in general.

It will be interested to see if the Kyoto Protocol has any real affect in 10 years in regards to air pollution in Japan.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-04-2010, 12:51 AM

Quote:
You are reaching.
None the less thanks for your public service announcement.

But we all do things that are not healthy. Living in a smog filled city isn't healthy either, but some people don't like the country.

The idea that Japanese might have about Marijuana you paint here is probably right in most areas. That is just from lack of knowledge on the plant. The same ideas Jpaanese have that caffine, tobacco and alcohol, taking in moderation is also very acceptable on the same hand.

I think if the US legalizes it in some fashion I think Japan would soon follow. I get back to you about it in 10 years.
There will be no movement in Japan to legalize marijuana. Japan is not America, where marijuana is cheap and easy to find, and where punishment for using it is slight. The number of people in Japan who use marijuana is negligibly small.

Japan is an island, and importing illegal drugs here is difficult. An arrest for marijuana in Japan is a life-ruining event, which will land you in jail for a long time, and may prevent you from ever getting any kind of decent job. The families of those who are arrested for drug use are often so ashamed that they move to a new area.

Japan has a national health care system, and with the large numbers of people becoming elderly, health related issues due to cigarette smoking may become to costly to bear. Smoking is now banned in many public places, and there are officers who patrol the alleyways in Shinjuku and other areas and cite people for smoking outside designated areas. Newer restaurants now often prohibit smoking, and the government is looking for new ways to prevent people from picking up the habit.

I don't see Japan being noticeably different in 10 years.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-04-2010, 01:51 AM

Quote:

I am saying cigarettes have ZERO benefits. You can't say that about the other things. That's why I say smoking is different from "Internet" or "living in city". There are other benefits to those things, despite possible health issues. Cigarettes don't have other benefits.

America legalizing mariijuana will have as much affect on Japanese feelings about dope as America legalizing handguns does. Sure there will be a handful of people that will develop and interest, but that is very different from the national government reversing what is probably one of the most popular laws in Japan.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-04-2010, 06:08 AM

Quote:
I am saying cigarettes have ZERO benefits. You can't say that about the other things. That's why I say smoking is different from "Internet" or "living in city". There are other benefits to those things, despite possible health issues. Cigarettes don't have other benefits.
Alcohol has zero benefits too then I guess.

Last edited by clintjm : 02-04-2010 at 06:17 AM.