LinkBack Thread Tools
(#61 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

04-27-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKemp View Post
I think Japanese think very little of Koreans as real people. They are more concerned with Korea celebrities etc.
What's so unusual about this? Even if it were true, it would happen between any two countries. Are you saying that you are concerned about every citizen of the world?

Quote:
I have a Japanese friend who is half Korean and hides it because he fears how people will treat him. He is close to 50 years old lived all is life in Japan, knows nothing about Korea, but is sort of ashamed or afraid of what people would think if they found out he was half Korean.
If he is 50% Korean and he knows nothing about Korea, you should be wondering what's wrong with him instead of what's wrong with those of us who are 0% Korean. It would, in fact, be very difficult to find a Japanese person who knows nothing about Korea, especially at age 50.
(#62 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-04-2010, 12:26 AM

I tend to make friends with folks who think/act/talk/have similer interest to me. Most folks are like that I would suspect. It doesn't mean everyone is a bigot persay, most probably view people who aren't similer to them with casual indifference. It's when things are percieved as potentially threatening somehow that these bigots start showing up.

IE; If we mingle with group B, we will loose our identity or something. It seems silly, but looseing ones self identity can be frightening to alot of folks. Personally I think perhaps it's because some of them have a weak sense of self to begin with, but that's just my opion.

Last edited by Ryzorian : 05-05-2010 at 04:13 AM.
(#63 (permalink))
Old
Yoshinori (Offline)
New to JF

05-04-2010, 05:39 AM

Generally, I have a very favorable opinion of South Koreans. I know few, and they are all great.

Not so sure about North Koreans, though... but then I don't know any.
(#64 (permalink))
Old
Zongo (Offline)
New to JF

05-04-2010, 10:46 AM

In my experience it is kinda of built-in. It goes well past how the British dislike the Germans/French etc. Some stuff I have heard come out of Japanese Childrens' mouths are crazy. 'They're not really people', and ' I would like to eat a Korean person' are ones that spring immediately to mind.
(#65 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

05-04-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zongo View Post
In my experience it is kinda of built-in. It goes well past how the British dislike the Germans/French etc. Some stuff I have heard come out of Japanese Childrens' mouths are crazy. 'They're not really people', and ' I would like to eat a Korean person' are ones that spring immediately to mind.
You sure you even speak Japanese? I've never heard a kid say such things.
(#66 (permalink))
Old
Yingzi (Offline)
JF Regular

05-04-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitotsz View Post
Just wondering. I was thinking Japan thought of Korea as insignificant until the Winter Sonata became popular?
Yes those wonderful dramas' effect was significant indeed!!

For me ,l Korea is sort of my sister. I don't know what older people would think,, but I'm really really happy when Koreans have achieved something as if my relatives have dome great things. In the latest olympic games, many korean people won gold medals and I was sooo excited and I was so proud of it
And Many of my friends love Korean culture like,,THXQ and some of them visit Seoul as a graduation-trip.
I don't know what Korean people would think of us but I don't have any Anti-Korean feeling ,rather I wish I had more chance to get to know much more about them.

Thank you!(Komaoyo???)
(#67 (permalink))
Old
hitotsz (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-05-2010, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zongo View Post
When and where did you hear that? How old were the children?