JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
umeshuuu (Offline)
JF Regular

02-11-2010, 03:54 AM

Hi!
I'm currently studying Japanese at university, although I'm graduating this July and then after that will probably get a part time job for a while (yeah... I study for 4 years and then work part time lol oh dear)
I currently have a part time job in the University library moving books around cos the library is doing a big upgrade. It's alright but it will only last for a few months.
In the future I plan to save up enough money to go and live in Japan for a bit (probably teaching English) and then maybe also making money from one of my creative hobbies (drawing, computer art, clothes design) but I'm still thinking about how and if it's possible to do.

Good luck if/when you decide to go solo.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *
I'm Lisa! Nice to meetcha
(#2 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

02-11-2010, 04:03 AM

Currently ruler of an animal army that brings down terrorists, arrogant people, pedophiles and Narutaurds!!

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Trinket (Offline)
New to JF

02-11-2010, 04:24 AM

Going for my masters in college for electrical engineering full time and I work at a kids toy making store part time. Love my job.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Undertherose25 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-11-2010, 04:25 AM

I'm self-employed, I clean houses for a living. Hard, disgusting ass work but so worth the pay.

I'm currently studying Psychology and Education. I'm also focusing on learning Chinese and American Sign Language to broaden my horizons.

♥Proud Wife of a U.S. Airman♥

Dir en Grey
(#5 (permalink))
Old
alexlovesrock (Offline)
JF Regular

02-11-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by umeshuuu View Post
Hi!
I'm currently studying Japanese at university, although I'm graduating this July and then after that will probably get a part time job for a while (yeah... I study for 4 years and then work part time lol oh dear)
I currently have a part time job in the University library moving books around cos the library is doing a big upgrade. It's alright but it will only last for a few months.
In the future I plan to save up enough money to go and live in Japan for a bit (probably teaching English) and then maybe also making money from one of my creative hobbies (drawing, computer art, clothes design) but I'm still thinking about how and if it's possible to do.

Good luck if/when you decide to go solo.

which university? if u take the JET program i think they pay most of ur expenses so u could go to japan with little savings assuming u are careful about ur budget while u are there... might even make some money if u are paid in YEn and it continues to appreciate
(#6 (permalink))
Old
alexlovesrock (Offline)
JF Regular

02-11-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertherose25 View Post
I'm self-employed, I clean houses for a living. Hard, disgusting ass work but so worth the pay.

I'm currently studying Psychology and Education. I'm also focusing on learning Chinese and American Sign Language to broaden my horizons.
nice im studying chinese too

现在你住在哪?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-11-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlovesrock View Post
which university? if u take the JET program i think they pay most of ur expenses so u could go to japan with little savings assuming u are careful about ur budget while u are there... might even make some money if u are paid in YEn and it continues to appreciate
Except they stipulate you have to have a chunk of savings before you go to prove you can survive the first month before pay. Also JET is currently very difficult to get into. They've changed the app. process and have cut a lot of jobs because of the economy. I think they had 70 JETS in Gifu in 2008, now it's more like...20.

Oh, and probably even next year you could have a pretty good application and still get cut because they can't cope with the current volume of applicants and have taken to making arbitrary rejections.

Not to put you off or anything. Just don't bank on getting into JET as par for the course.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

02-11-2010, 12:45 PM

Full time; I sleep, Part time; I go to University for a degree in Math and Physics, and every summer, I do a placement in various different companies to save enough money to pay for my studies!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
StueyT (Offline)
JF Regular

02-11-2010, 01:06 PM

I work in IT for a large international banking group. In 3 years time I'll have enough experience to move anywhere in the world. I'm studying Japanese in my spare time and hopefully can live there for a couple of years (at least) at some stage. Hopefully, the banking experience will be good for me in Tokyo with a foreign bank or elsewhere with a JP financial company if I've got my language up to scratch by then

広島市は一番!
My Flickr
(#10 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

02-11-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StueyT View Post
I work in IT for a large international banking group. In 3 years time I'll have enough experience to move anywhere in the world. I'm studying Japanese in my spare time and hopefully can live there for a couple of years (at least) at some stage. Hopefully, the banking experience will be good for me in Tokyo with a foreign bank or elsewhere with a JP financial company if I've got my language up to scratch by then
Which bank? If you don't mind me asking!