LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
metalmark666 (Offline)
JF Regular

Thumbs up 02-28-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormingWynn View Post
My money cap is about $2500 and seeing as you mentioned saving 4000 pounds in your post. EH!!!! IDK.
I should have said that £4000 was for the two of us, not each and we were gone for 3 months. If you do a lot of WWOOFing, you should be able to keep costs right down.
Don't let money get you down, I'm sure you'll have a great time on what you take with you.

Please read my diary that I wrote when travelling and working in Japan for three months. It is also packed full of information. I hope that it can inspire you to have an adventure too.
Please contact me if I can help you with advice or information.

Japan 2008: Memoires of a Gaijin A.K.A. A Journey Through the Land of the Rising Sun
(#12 (permalink))
Old
StormingWynn (Offline)
New to JF

02-28-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmark666 View Post
I should have said that £4000 was for the two of us, not each and we were gone for 3 months. If you do a lot of WWOOFing, you should be able to keep costs right down.
Don't let money get you down, I'm sure you'll have a great time on what you take with you.
Oh! Phewwwww. That's a relief. I have one more question. When on the farms, were you close to any major cities? Were there people from other peoples outside Japan that you got to work with?
(#13 (permalink))
Old
metalmark666 (Offline)
JF Regular

Post 02-28-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormingWynn View Post
Oh! Phewwwww. That's a relief. I have one more question. When on the farms, were you close to any major cities? Were there people from other peoples outside Japan that you got to work with?
The farm in Tokyo was in a place called Hino, one of the towns that make up outer Tokyo, probably about 45 mins away, but Hino town was nice. Here we worked with a French guy, a guy from Hong Kong and two Americans.
The farm near Kyoto was up in the mountains in the middle of nowhere. It was a basic standard of living but a very calm, quiet and peaceful area. Here we also WWOOFed with an American, a French guy a woman from Hong Kong, two guys from Japan and two girls from Japan.
The third farm near Hiroshima was on an island called Osakikamijima, maybe two hours away from Hiroshima. It had a small community on it and a few town areas. When we worked on this farm, it was just the two of us.

Check out my photos from these farms if you want.
Tokyo farm.
Kyoto farm.
Hiroshima farm.

Please read my diary that I wrote when travelling and working in Japan for three months. It is also packed full of information. I hope that it can inspire you to have an adventure too.
Please contact me if I can help you with advice or information.

Japan 2008: Memoires of a Gaijin A.K.A. A Journey Through the Land of the Rising Sun