JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
redline (Offline)
JF Regular

03-03-2010, 06:29 AM

I had to wear uniforms through half of my schooling. I'd say it's a neutral feeling for me. I didn't like the look, couldn't start a conversation by using their clothes as a topic. On the plus side, you didn't have to worry about what to wear, the ones we wore were pretty cheap to buy, and no one could say your clothes sucked (to an extent).
(#12 (permalink))
Old
peterv20 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-06-2010, 05:27 PM

if you have to wear a school uniform and want to rebel.try watching the classic anime "super gals".
(#13 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-06-2010, 07:53 PM

We had to wear uniforms for almost our entire education. Personally I can see why they may be considered beneficial, as others pointed out it makes it very hard for students to bully others based on appearance, as they all would be dressed the same. There's also - as someone else said - an almost element of solidarity, wear there's a sense of 'school spirit', as when you where the uniform you belong to the school and represent it.

That said I can say that bullying occurs regardless, and uniform or not students will always find some reason to pick on others. At our school bullying was rife, I hear some people from abroad in schools without uniforms complaining occasionally that they get picked on for not wearing the right brands, or having the wrong look; we had uniforms and yet people still got bullied for being poor, having the wrong stationary or accesories, etc. Oddly in college - where we had no uniform - there was very little bullying and a large ammount of tolerance, and in fact creativity and uniqueness were looked upon a lot more favorably than being one of the crowd.

I guess my point is there's pro's and con's to both sides of the argument :P Personally I'm rather indifferent, because no matter what people have they will always argue the other way is better.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

03-17-2010, 01:02 AM

If it looked good I'd like to, if not, no.

It takes away creativity and expression from school. I guess it may help a little on focusing more on education, but still . . .

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Naedora (Offline)
JF Regular

03-17-2010, 09:12 PM

we need school uniforms in College and more short skirts!!
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Veskou (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to Veskou
03-17-2010, 11:27 PM

I'm 17 years old (in the 10th grade) and a month ago they put uniforms in my school. (By the way - I'm from a small town in Bulgaria called Montana) The problem is that they didn't obligate us to wear them and no one would, but only if you want to. And of course no one would wear it because he would be one of the few with a uniform in school. They said that they will make us only wear them at "special" occasions... So in the end - we gave money for uniforms that we're gonna wear about 20 times at maximum (about 10 for me cause i have 2 more years of schooling left) for 5 years in high school. Oh, and don't forget about the fact that the younger students in my high school are still growing so they will eventually have to pay for new ones! I'm very disappointed in the school system... But it isn't just the Bulgarian educational system - it's the whole damn national system! Anyway... let's not get too political. These are the uniforms I was talking about:

(these are models, not students from my school)

I dream of Japan, but I will only be left with the dream...
(#17 (permalink))
Old
星の翼

03-18-2010, 04:35 AM

Meh, they don't look TOO bad . . .

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-18-2010, 06:39 AM

The students at my school wear uniforms. They are not permitted to dye their hair, wear makeup, or jewelry, other than a wristwatch. The school's idea is that students should spend their time before and during school thinking about their studies, and not about their clothes. In school, the priority is getting an education, not making fashion statements (or other types of statements).

I agree with this policy, it is used because it works.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
ShiroiHana (Offline)
JF Regular

03-24-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simoscow View Post
Are you for or against school uniform in school? And Why?
Never thought of the fact that uniforms can make a difference. But now when I think of it I can imagine a miserable girl who cannot afford a lovely dress to show off among the other girls. I think school uniform is a good idea to make everyone feel as if s/he is no different from others in that 'sacred' place.

So yes, I'm for uniforms, especially when girls are concerned... never joined a mixed school btw^^ (but not Uni).

I wore 4 different uniforms in my life. The first was from 1st grade to 6th grade. Second from 7th grade to 9th grade. Third from 10th grade to 12th grade. And the fourth is at Uni!!!

I really loved my uniforms at school (especially the two from 7th grade to 12th grade). They were navy, and like two of Lolita dresses:

Good luck with your project.

My Blog + My Twitter
(●^ー^●)

Last edited by ShiroiHana : 03-24-2010 at 10:11 PM.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
星の翼

03-24-2010, 10:43 PM

Heh, you make me wish I could wear uniforms!

<(^_^<) (>^_^)>

But . . .I'll live.