(#12 (permalink))
Old
jackmilas (Offline)
New to JF

03-16-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT View Post
Then translate it...
I did. And from my previous experiences I know they don't have it. I went to several different shops in Tokyo that had zi8 on their website, but in reality they didn't have it. I wasted several hours on multiple trips around Tokyo. I also sent some emails to those shops and still awaiting replies. In the meantime if anyone is 100% sure about a place in Tokyo where I can get it, please let me know.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
JayT (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-16-2010, 01:13 PM

What im saying is why not just order one from rakuten so you don't have to go out and search for it

[<--Nan's heart!]

(#14 (permalink))
Old
jackmilas (Offline)
New to JF

03-17-2010, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT View Post
What im saying is why not just order one from rakuten so you don't have to go out and search for it
Translating online purchase forms is too big deal for me. I am not smart enough for that. Any other options? I'm going to Kyoto for the weekend and I would love to film my trip there. There should be at least one Kodak Zi8 somewhere in Tokyo... I just don't know where...

If I find someone who can order it for me, do they normally deliver it within 2 days? If order today, will they deliver it on Friday?

Last edited by jackmilas : 03-17-2010 at 03:56 AM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-17-2010, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmilas View Post
Translating online purchase forms is too big deal for me. I am not smart enough for that. Any other options? I'm going to Kyoto for the weekend and I would love to film my trip there. There should be at least one Kodak Zi8 somewhere in Tokyo... I just don't know where...

If I find someone who can order it for me, do they normally deliver it within 2 days? If order today, will they deliver it on Friday?
You are wasting your vacation running around looking for a certain American camera in the land of awesome cameras. That's like spending time looking for a Hershey Bar in Switzerland.

Many cameras have English menus and there are English speaking staff at Yodabashi Camera and Bic Camera. I bet you can find a comparable camera at a similar price that NONE with English menus that NONE of your friends will have at home.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
jackmilas (Offline)
New to JF

03-17-2010, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
You are wasting your vacation running around looking for a certain American camera in the land of awesome cameras. That's like spending time looking for a Hershey Bar in Switzerland. Many cameras have English menus and there are English speaking staff at Yodabashi Camera and Bic Camera. I bet you can find a comparable camera at a similar price that NONE with English menus that NONE of your friends will have at home.
They have only Sony Bloggie at this size in Japan. And it is worse than Kodak Zi8. I found it in Osaka, they will deliver it tomorrow!
(#17 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-17-2010, 04:53 AM

Quote:
They have only Sony Bloggie at this size in Japan. And it is worse than Kodak Zi8. I found it in Osaka, they will deliver it tomorrow!
I am not sure what you mean by "size".

Actually the Bloggie looks nicer than the Zi8, as you have a swivel camera, so you can record yourself...(hard to do with the Zi8). Both are 5 megapixal HD still cams and 1080p video cams.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
jackmilas (Offline)
New to JF

03-17-2010, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I am not sure what you mean by "size". Actually the Bloggie looks nicer than the Zi8, as you have a swivel camera, so you can record yourself...(hard to do with the Zi8). Both are 5 megapixal HD still cams and 1080p video cams.
by size I mean the dimensions - it fits in a pocket
I am a technology nerd and I spent a lot of time comparing videos on youtube and to my taste kodak wins with the quality. Also it has external stereo sound source connector which will be useful for me. Bloggie swivel lens is nice though.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-17-2010, 05:18 AM

Quote:
by size I mean the dimensions - it fits in a pocket
I am a technology nerd and I spent a lot of time comparing videos on youtube and to my taste kodak wins with the quality. Also it has external stereo sound source connector which will be useful for me. Bloggie swivel lens is nice though.
Horizontal playback on the Bloggie...that's nice.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
03-17-2010, 05:25 AM

i tried to buy a kodak camera while i was visiting japan. i couldn't find a store that had any kodak for sale! it's like they avoided it like a plague. i ended up getting a canon s90 when i got back to the united states.

うんこ漏らした。

my gun is bigger than your gun