JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
jackmilas (Offline)
New to JF

I am looking for a Kodak Zi8 in Tokyo. I can't find it anywhere! - 03-15-2010, 04:28 AM

Does anyone happen to know a shop in Tokyo where you can get a Kodak Zi8? I am staying here for another 3 weeks and there is a lot of things that I would like to capture on this camcorder. After watching several youtube videos it's the only one I want.
So far I went to Yodobashi, Bic Camera and a few other large stores. They all look very surprised and they always tell me "we're sorry, we don't have Kodak products, please look elsewhere"
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-15-2010, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmilas View Post
Does anyone happen to know a shop in Tokyo where you can get a Kodak Zi8? I am staying here for another 3 weeks and there is a lot of things that I would like to capture on this camcorder. After watching several youtube videos it's the only one I want.
So far I went to Yodobashi, Bic Camera and a few other large stores. They all look very surprised and they always tell me "we're sorry, we don't have Kodak products, please look elsewhere"
I have a Zi8, and it is a nice camera for the price...however if Yodobashi and Bic don't have it, it probably isn't available in Japan.

There are comparable cameras available in Japan, for sure.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

03-15-2010, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Here's a list of stores that sell Kodak Zi8.

http://kakaku.com/item/K0000067333/#tab
(#4 (permalink))
Old
jackmilas (Offline)
New to JF

03-15-2010, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashimister View Post
Here's a list of stores that sell Kodak Zi8.

http://kakaku.com/item/K0000067333/#tab
Thank you!
I can't read Japanese. Do you know if any of these shops are in Tokyo? I imagine some of them may be internet stores and they can only send items via post or courier. I'm looking for personal collection. I don't want to risk ordering it on the internet due to my short stay in Tokyo. I want it today if possible.

[edit]

I have already translated the website using google translation. It lists Bic Camera. I went to Bic Camera Shibuya yesterday and they said they didn't have it.

Last edited by jackmilas : 03-15-2010 at 05:28 AM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

03-15-2010, 05:36 AM

Looks like only PC-Akindo in Ueno fits your need. It says on their website that they do sell over the counter.

Map: PC

Phone: 3835-1383
Fax: 3835-9860
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-15-2010, 05:54 AM

Interesting that the larger stores don't carry it. Is Kodak not widely available in Japan?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
jackmilas (Offline)
New to JF

03-15-2010, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Looks like only PC-Akindo in Ueno fits your need. It says on their website that they do sell over the counter.

I'm going there today! Thanks. I'm in Yaesu - two stops away on Yamanote Line
(#8 (permalink))
Old
jackmilas (Offline)
New to JF

03-16-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:

Unfortunately they don't have it and they are not able to order it. As in other shops - they were very surprised when I asked about that. Kodak simply does not exist in Tokyo and it is impossible to buy it in this city. I may have to settle with Sony Blogger, but I don't like its quality... If anyone knows a hidden place in Toyko where they actually do have Kodak Zi8 I will be very grateful.

As for now I looked everywhere I could - all camera shops in Akihabara and Shibuya.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
JayT (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-16-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately they don't have it and they are not able to order it. As in other shops - they were very surprised when I asked about that. Kodak simply does not exist in Tokyo and it is impossible to buy it in this city. I may have to settle with Sony Blogger, but I don't like its quality... If anyone knows a hidden place in Toyko where they actually do have Kodak Zi8 I will be very grateful.

As for now I looked everywhere I could - all camera shops in Akihabara and Shibuya.
If you want one that bad just order one from rakuten...

【楽天市場】Kodak Zi8 | 全商品,すべての検索対象項目から探す,デフォルト順,写 真付き一覧 | の検索結果:通販・インターネットショッピング -1件〜30件(1ページ目)-

[<--Nan's heart!]

(#10 (permalink))
Old
jackmilas (Offline)
New to JF

03-16-2010, 11:15 AM

I give up. I don't speak Japanese. I will buy one when I get back to Europe.