JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

A Prompt You'll Love To Answer! - 03-14-2010, 05:41 AM

OK, so let's say we all went to the same college, despite real life differences in age, and one random day the principal says that there are no longer rules. Asuming that, again we're in the same place, and certain responses/reactions one has to a situation effects everyone else in certain ways, let's decide what we would do.

This thread idea is to answer the question "What would REALLY happen if there were no rules"

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Klint (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-14-2010, 06:02 AM

Given my nature which is more geared towards doing what I percieve is most appropriate, as well my tendancies to avoid attention, I assume I'd act as though I were still operating under the same set of rules, although I would still observe others and what they do.

Yeah, I'm not one to deviate from my usual routines, even when I'm given more freedoms to take advantage of.

"Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?"
(#3 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
03-14-2010, 06:34 AM

Hmm... how about legal rules? Do they still apply?

If they do apply, then I would do the same as Klit. Watch everyone else.
If the did not apply, then I would invole mass ammounts of Marujuana, then do the same as Klint. Watch everyone else.

T'was kind of a poorly asked question, by the way.

猿も木から落ちる
(#4 (permalink))
Old
HungryForRamen (Offline)
I LOOOOOOOVE THEM GINGERS

03-14-2010, 06:43 AM

No rules at all, huh?
Well, of course, I'd probably just go about my business. It's not that I have a set routine or don't like to deviate from the mundane, but I don't really like attracting much attention to myself. So I would continue on and watch the world fall apart around me. c: A world with no rules would be choas.

So, I suppose, that would mean my answer is the same as Klint. xD We're a boring bunch of people. c;
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-14-2010, 06:50 AM

I would look to see what groups were working toward the reinstatement of their thought up set of rules (these groups would definitely appear) then side with and support the one that most suited me...
And if there were none, form such a group myself.

There are plenty of examples of what happens when there are no "rules". Someone comes along, makes rules, and then enforces them. Usually it is whoever has the most firepower.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-14-2010, 07:05 AM

After school there are no rules, so what you are suggesting is making a no rules society before people are ready for no rules.

Just because there are no rules in school does not mean there is no order in society.

Even social animal groups have a certain set of order. That's just the nature of social animals and is the nature of humans.

So what would happen if a school removed the rules? Those who are future-looking would not change much. They still want to do what it takes to graduate. (I am assuming that would not change) There would be some that would completely go nuts and never go to class, but then they wouldn't graduate.

Rules in school serve a couple purposes. 1) To create a sense of safety for students trying to study there and 2) to make short term restrictions to ensure the long term goal of graduation. Students are short-sighted, so rules are needed.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

03-14-2010, 10:15 AM

Why do I get this feeling that the topics real purpose is to help with OP's school assignment.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
allhailhata (Offline)
JF Regular

03-14-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manganimefan227 View Post
This thread idea is to answer the question "What would REALLY happen if there were no rules"
Fist of the North Star.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

03-14-2010, 01:08 PM

Uhm. I would wonder why I was paying thousands of dollars a year to attend a college without rules, and would leave. I'd probably sue the school too, if I believed my tuition money had been taken but I had not gotten what was promised.

I spent nearly $70K on college. I sure as heck would expect there to be rules to protect my investment.

<- AnimeMusicVideos.Org
(#10 (permalink))
Old
rison (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-14-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuwabuki View Post

I spent nearly $70K on college. I sure as heck would expect there to be rules to protect my investment.
You are missing the point.

Orochimaru >>>>>Akatsuki,