JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ShiroiHana (Offline)
JF Regular

How much do you care about your reputation? - 03-24-2010, 11:35 AM

Just sharing.

I think my reputation is on the verge of being destroyed. It's simply because of my ex-roommate who simply hates me. She is to do anything that would hurt me, even though we no more share one room. She's a shallow, arrogant and psychologically ill 22-year-old girl (I'm 20!).

She's done a lot that made me cry, and I feel sorry for her fiance who doesn't know the evil side of her. In our little society, one shouldn't talk bad about another girl/woman in front of a boy/man. No matter how much you hate that girl/woman. They think a man should build up the image he takes of a girl by himself, in case he wants to propose to her or something. No-one should try to defame that image just because of hatred.

This girl talked frankly about me in front of many men. She's gone so far in it that my sister heard a man who never saw me saying bad things about me (it's a little society, I said). That girl would make stories up just to achieve her evil goals (it's true. I've had the chances to see her lying about me!)

Even though I don't like my society, I'm still part of it and I care about my reputation in it.

I've never done anything wrong to her. I am that shy, introverted crybaby. What do I do about her? I just cry. It's a shame. Even though I'm 20, I still call my mum and cry whenever that hypocrite hurts me. I don't know what else I can do.

How much do you care about your reputation?

My Blog + My Twitter
(●^ー^●)
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Naedora (Offline)
JF Regular

03-24-2010, 12:02 PM

well, i think you should just confront the "hypocrite" and tell her to stop saying things about you. You gotta be strong.
imo, i dont think you should worry about what others says.
maybe you should go on a little trip and forget about it for awhile. (after you confronted her)

My reputation? There aint much lol so i don't really care.
tbh, i don't care what others say about me either.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
robhol (Offline)
Can I eat him??

03-24-2010, 12:12 PM

That depends: my reputation with whom?

Some people actually matter. A lot of those who matter are already people who know you better than to believe any rumors. (That is, friends and family.)

Most people I don't know don't really matter that much to me, and as such they can believe whatever they want for all I care.

The only real problem would be a bad rep with people who don't know you all that well but are still important in some way. Business associates, employers and the like come to mind.

Last edited by robhol : 03-24-2010 at 12:19 PM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-24-2010, 04:11 PM

YouTube - Joan Jett - Bad Reputation
(#5 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
03-24-2010, 04:50 PM

It won't do any good to confront someone like that. They will blow it off and it will probably fuel more bad-mouthing. Aside from people with authority over you, any effort to even address it is usually wasted except if it alleviates yoru own frustration.

Yes, if its an employer, teacher or other person with actual (not just perceived) authority over you address it immediately, vigorously and in specifc detail.

Otherwise, consider that anyone who would believe the sort of person you are describing has as little to offer as she does when it comes to friendship or intelligence. If someone mentions it to you tell them to "consider the source" and make their own judgement. It is extremely difficult, but if you can ignore it you will be far better off. It's called rising above them,

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
metalmark666 (Offline)
JF Regular

03-24-2010, 06:13 PM

I've never cared what people think of me, I make my own reputation, if people talk bad about me, eventually others see they are being stupid and ignore them. Life is too short to let some child ruin things for you, ignore and it'll go away.
All you have to remember is that you are better than them.
I also believe in karma, if she's talking crap about you, eventually she'll get f**ked over herself!!!
Keep your chin up!!!

Please read my diary that I wrote when travelling and working in Japan for three months. It is also packed full of information. I hope that it can inspire you to have an adventure too.
Please contact me if I can help you with advice or information.

Japan 2008: Memoires of a Gaijin A.K.A. A Journey Through the Land of the Rising Sun
(#7 (permalink))
Old
buklao456 (Offline)
JF Regular

03-24-2010, 08:59 PM

i would say don't worry about it and deal with it .....but that all BS your going to worry about it.

you could confront her about this (but if she is a bitch she probably wont care and make more rumor about you)
or you can make rumor about her (then again an eye for an eye make the world blind)

or you can hit her(like this one )

and there has to be a reason she dose not like you you must to did something or be someone for her to not like you

(#8 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

03-24-2010, 11:14 PM

It's actually very important to me. I'm quite different from most and I want people to recognize that. To make a true name for myself.

We were all put on the same planet, and share it for a reason. To contribute and have impacts on our enviorment, maybe not the whole world but atleast in our community. To do this you need a reputation. Your reputation is what tells people who you are and what your purpose is in this chaotic sphere. I say let all know who you are.

Feel good when people smile and like you.

Brush your shoulder of pure haters who indeed only want attention.

But most importantly, listen to everyone, and really evaluate what they say about you. You will always have people tell you your wrong. It's up to you to look at those things, and decide with all of your strong heart if you want to really change from the mentioned things. Journey, try, fail, stand the hell up, do it again. It's the endless journey of life. There is no destination. When you die there will only be a result of your journey. Don't let there ever BE a destination. Keep your life open to changes of all sizes, so you can expierience them with NO REGRETS! Your reputation is the path ahead and behind you that you make every day! And when you make a path that's true, whatever results you get,

You won't care.

You lived your life as your pure self that came from you heart.

And nobody can ask for a better life than this.

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.