Don't Have An Opinion 3 5.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

In General, Is It OK To Cry? - 03-24-2010, 10:26 PM

I think it is, don't wanna bottle feelings up. Some don't however, seeing it as a sign of weakness, and as I think about it, I don't thinkk there is a right answer, do you?

This is NOT A SCHOOL ASSIGNMENT, I just remembered watching Negima and wondering what others thought of this subject . . .

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
03-24-2010, 10:44 PM

When crying emotionally, toxins from the body are released through tears. So, yes, crying makes you feel better and is good for you.

Why wouldn't it be ok in the first place?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

03-24-2010, 11:41 PM

Like I said, some don't agree because they think those who cry are lower people, this is just one of MANY reasons.

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
03-25-2010, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manganimefan227 View Post
Like I said, some don't agree because they think those who cry are lower people, this is just one of MANY reasons.
It's not like that. If you cry for crappy reasons then yeah, people will call you a crybaby.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Renka09 (Offline)
New to JF

03-25-2010, 02:56 AM

I agree with iPhantom, but well, when the problem is too damn heavy, you need to put an emotion to it, or else you'll increase your risk of having a heart attack.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Naedora (Offline)
JF Regular

03-25-2010, 03:22 AM

i always cry whenever i watch animes and dramas.
Either the storyline is good or i feel like im part of the story o-O
anyway, other then that i don't cry for anything else..
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Undertherose25 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-25-2010, 03:25 AM

Not in a public place.

♥Proud Wife of a U.S. Airman♥

Dir en Grey
(#8 (permalink))
Old
robhol (Offline)
Can I eat him??

03-25-2010, 06:52 AM

Whether or not it's "OK" to cry depends on who you are, where you are and who is around you - in other words, it depends almost completely on your personality and your circumstances. And of course, the reason you're crying is important too.

For a little kid, it's usually "OK" to cry. However, a 50-year-old man who is crying because he lost his lollipop is likely to attract some weird looks...
(#9 (permalink))
Old
HungryForRamen (Offline)
I LOOOOOOOVE THEM GINGERS

03-25-2010, 01:15 PM

I don't think it's exactly okay to cry in public (Though I have before, but whent the matter is so heavy and just breaks you down and you can't help it, then I think that it's fine), or around strangers. Crying is something deeply emotional and you should be surrounded by friends and/or family who understand, or even by yourself if you wish. But crying in public doesn't seem like it's...understandable, unless, as I stated above, the matter is just too heavy to be helped.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-25-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhol View Post
Whether or not it's "OK" to cry depends on who you are, where you are and who is around you - in other words, it depends almost completely on your personality and your circumstances. And of course, the reason you're crying is important too.

For a little kid, it's usually "OK" to cry. However, a 50-year-old man who is crying because he lost his lollipop is likely to attract some weird looks...
I completely agree with this. I really think there should be an 'it depends' option I mean it's typically okay to cry if you have a good reason, I mean if your whole family was wiped out one day it'd be weird not to cry. I do think though that sometimes it's not okay, it can be a sign of immaturity or weakness, or just very inappropriate in some cultures. Here it's odd to cry in public, unless you're a child, so unless you had a good reason to then it wouldn't really be 'okay'. Like Robhol said, would it really be okay for an elderly man to cry because he lost his lollipop? I doubt it.