JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

New Idea: 'Plushie Kingdom' Dedication - 03-28-2010, 02:00 AM

OK, despite the title and my past reputation, I promis you this thread is actually quite serious.

My whole life, I was understandingly, looked at as a fool. I made mistakes and let people down in so many ways . . .This became my motivation to be different, but even then I'm still ridiculed. I won't give up. I promised myself that. I thought if I kept my dreams alive, that would be enough . . .Still, I had this feeling I wanted to do more . . .To make sure I made a difference in this world.

In 8th grade English I saw a video about a real class doing a project, collecting 6 million paper clips for 6 million Jews who died during the Holicaust. It inspired me, but I sent that to the back of my head.

Until now.

I had recently did a research power point on the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings of 1945. This and 9/11 were very tragic bombings, and I wanted to do something to honor them, my own creative way.

So I thought about it and thought how scary it must have been to die so suddenly and scary like that. Lonely and scary . . . So I thought, 'They probably wished they were hugging a plushie at that point. So here's what I was inspired to try.

A world wide goal to collect 403,000 plushies (400,000 for the rough estimate of those who dies in Hiroshima and Nagasaki- correct me if I am wrong- and 3,000 from those who died in 9/11. So asking everyone to chip into this goal, and I'm notsurewhere, but collect these plushies, and have a "kingdom" there, sorta like a tue reaching out to those people that shows how we feel and so even after the war is won, they are still remembered.

And no,I'm not doing this to be famous, I'd benefit just by achieving this goal, whether people know myname for it or not. This is to help hmuanity be able to understand pain, maybe cut down violence as well as understanding the past.

So I am humbly asking you older than myself, and actual Japanese people what your HONEST opinion of this is and any advice or criticsm you want to give.

と"も ありか"とう こ"さ"います!

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.

Last edited by manganimefan227 : 03-28-2010 at 08:04 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

03-28-2010, 07:27 PM

I doubt their lasts thoughts would have been 'I want to hug a plushie,' but I suppose it's a sweet idea. Good luck to you.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
星の翼

03-28-2010, 07:55 PM

Well when you think of it literally like that then no it was not likely. I meant they were definetly scared and hurt, and even if they weren't thinking about it, isn't that what they might have wanted to do at that point? Anyways, Thank youfor your support!!

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
siwar (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to siwar
Unhappy 03-28-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manganimefan227 View Post
OK, despite the title and my past reputation, I promis you this thread is actually quite serious.

My whole life, I was understandingly, looked at as a fool. I made mistakes and let people down in so many ways . . .This became my motivation to be different, but even then I'm still ridiculed. I won't give up. I promised myself that. I thought if I kept my dreams alive, that would be enough . . .Still, I had this feeling I wanted to do more . . .To make sure I made a difference in this world.

In 8th grade English I saw a video about a real class doing a project, collecting 6 million paper clips for 6 million Jews who died during the Holicaust. It inspired me, but I sent that to the back of my head.

Until now.

I had recently did a research power point on the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings of 1945. This and 9/11 were very tragic bombings, and I wanted to do something to honor them, my own creative way.

So I thought about it and thought how scary it must have been to die so suddenly and scary like that. Lonely and scary . . . So I thought, 'They probably wished they were hugging a plushie at that point. So here's what I was inspired to try.

A world wide goal to collect 403,000 plushies (400,000 for the rough estimate of those who dies in Hiroshima and Nagasaki- correct me if I am wrong- and 3,000 from those who died in 9/11. So asking everyone to chip into this goal, and I'm notsurewhere, but collect these plushies, and have a "kingdom" there, sorta like a tue reaching out to those people that shows how we feel and so even after the war is won, they are still remembered.

And no,I'm not doing this to be famous, I'd benefit just by achieving this goal, whether people know myname for it or not. This is to help hmuanity be able to understand pain, maybe cut down violence as well as understanding the past.

So I am humbly asking you older than myself, and actual Japanese people what your HONEST opinion of this is and any advice or criticsm you want to give.

と"も ありか"とう こ"さ"います!
Hi, i like your idea it's fantastic but you know people will never stop hurting each other. nowdays the wor become just like a game , no one cares about the pain that causes this huge crime . that's whay i hate the army and anything have a relationshiip with wor
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-28-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:

と"も ありか"とう こ"さ"います!
I don't think you're going to get an awful lot of people donating plushies (which can be expensive) just to have them sat in a collection somewhere. I think you need to think about the economic factors. There's also a social factor. A lot of people nowaday's don't feel that concerned about Hiroshima. Other's feel uncomfortable about it and as nice as your gesture is, some might construe it as off. In the end, what will this demonstration achieve. People already leave thousands of paper cranes at the peace park. There's a lot of hiroshima awareness and victim sympathy/support. Not that I'm saying more is a bad thing, but what actual impact would your drive have on the people affected by the bombings? Awareness? People already use Hiroshima as a by-word for why A-bombs are bad.

A good charity drive has to take into consideration who will be donating as well as who will be receiving. The most successful drives make it Fun, Cheap, Quick and Easy for the donator. It also has an element of originality. Failing that do something yourself. Art is a good way to raise both awareness and profit for charity. And I honestly think it's of more worth to do something to help the myriads of people suffering TODAY than those who died over 60 years ago.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
03-29-2010, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siwar View Post
Hi, i like your idea it's fantastic but you know people will never stop hurting each other. nowdays the wor become just like a game , no one cares about the pain that causes this huge crime . that's whay i hate the army and anything have a relationshiip with wor
Peace cannot exist without war. Many people care about the pain it causes, that's why war is such a tragic and emotional time.

Anywho, I would collect something less....er....expensive to donate. With paper clips, you can get thousands for pocket change. Plushies are expensive - you'd be better off just donating money. Also, thinking of plushies is kind of random to think about when you're about to die (were plushies even popular at that time?).

But I wish you luck.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
星の翼

03-29-2010, 03:55 AM

Okies, well I thought about and revised this idea and the substitute I came up with is one I feel MUCH better about. See what you think of this.

collecting 3,000 plushies nationwide for memory of 9/11 to make Plushie Kingdom. But here's the thing, The memorial is virtual. The doners register the plushies online (with pictures) into the kingdom,(The real things go to clildren in hospitals and orphanages) but also give them sort of "social standings" or different personalities and what they do in the Kingdom, to be more like real people, their names being names of the three thousand but not "images of them" Is this understandable? It represents the unfourtanate 3,000 lost and symbolically all who have died fighting with these 3,000 in mind. Remembering them all. Here people could also use the chatroom to talk about peace, peaceful topics, get to know people, nad most importantly, celebrate differencesHow does this sound?

But . . .I'll live.

Last edited by manganimefan227 : 03-29-2010 at 04:23 AM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-29-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Okies, well I thought about and revised this idea and the substitute I came up with is one I feel MUCH better about. See what you think of this.

collecting 3,000 plushies nationwide for memory of 9/11 to make Plushie Kingdom. But here's the thing, The memorial is virtual. The doners register the plushies online (with pictures) into the kingdom,(The real things go to clildren in hospitals and orphanages) but also give them sort of "social standings" or different personalities and what they do in the Kingdom, to be more like real people, their names being names of the three thousand but not "images of them" Is this understandable? It represents the unfourtanate 3,000 lost and symbolically all who have died fighting with these 3,000 in mind. Remembering them all. Here people could also use the chatroom to talk about peace, peaceful topics, get to know people, nad most importantly, celebrate differencesHow does this sound?
I think that sounds wholly more feasible, but to still bank on doing much of the webwork yourself (how will you pay for the site incidentally?) and to be prepared that some of the victim's families might wholly object to their loved ones's names being used.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

03-29-2010, 12:43 PM

What do your parents think about this idea?
(#10 (permalink))
Old
星の翼

03-29-2010, 09:43 PM

Well my mom helped come up with the virtual part and the orphanage donation, I never said the idea was finished or "bug free", just a start.

Although the name thing is true . . .Thank you for pointing that out.

My mom supported it once I changed it with her advice, my dad is pretty much seperated . . .So he wouldn't give a darn =P

Thank you all for your help, I'm going to do my best to make some sort of memorial for those 3,000

But . . .I'll live.