(#11 (permalink))
Old
siwar (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to siwar
Wink 03-30-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
The must sees in Japan are shinkansen, maglev, fujisan, ramen, sushi, and music stores. For me eating japanese food in tradition hotel would be the most fantastic experience, but I have never tried it, too expensive..If you are keen to collect cds, you must go to check out japanese used cd stores!

For chinese or japanese legends, you can check out chinese myth on wiki or buy a book about them. But they are old wellknown stuff already. For more fun, you can try to find some history related mangas to understand about the eastern cultures, reading historical mangas is very wonderful. If to try in traditional ways, you can buy books from Amazon. For chinese food, the most delicious and high quality are to be found in Hongkong, Taiwan, Macao. Some mainland cities like Shanghai is a somewhat messy place, but Beijing, Hangzhou, Xi`An, Lhasa could be ok.

BTW there are many new interesting discoveries in archaeology if you are a fan of those stuff. Make sure to check out neolithic cultures like: Liangzhu culture, Jiahu culture, Yangshao culture, Sanxingdui culture. Those cultures are from 7000-2000BC, there are many amazing stuff to see about them. The earliest brewed wine, the earliest playable musical instrument-a bone flute with a full octave from a 9000 years old culture, precisely curved 5000 years old jade artifacts, 3000 years old bronze sun tree, 4000 years old dragon symbolism etc. Travels in China will be cheaper than in Japan, so be prepared for the japanese cost.
thanks a lot, maybe i'll visit china too . iso happy to have a friend from china . If you want we can comunicate by MSN , here is mine: soussouzit@live.fr

Last edited by siwar : 03-30-2010 at 02:44 PM.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
siwar (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to siwar
Talking 03-30-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
The must sees in Japan are shinkansen, maglev, fujisan, ramen, sushi, and music stores. For me eating japanese food in tradition hotel would be the most fantastic experience, but I have never tried it, too expensive..If you are keen to collect cds, you must go to check out japanese used cd stores!

For chinese or japanese legends, you can check out chinese myth on wiki or buy a book about them. But they are old wellknown stuff already. For more fun, you can try to find some history related mangas to understand about the eastern cultures, reading historical mangas is very wonderful. If to try in traditional ways, you can buy books from Amazon. For chinese food, the most delicious and high quality are to be found in Hongkong, Taiwan, Macao. Some mainland cities like Shanghai is a somewhat messy place, but Beijing, Hangzhou, Xi`An, Lhasa could be ok.

BTW there are many new interesting discoveries in archaeology if you are a fan of those stuff. Make sure to check out neolithic cultures like: Liangzhu culture, Jiahu culture, Yangshao culture, Sanxingdui culture. Those cultures are from 7000-2000BC, there are many amazing stuff to see about them. The earliest brewed wine, the earliest playable musical instrument-a bone flute with a full octave from a 9000 years old culture, precisely curved 5000 years old jade artifacts, 3000 years old bronze sun tree, 4000 years old dragon symbolism etc. Travels in China will be cheaper than in Japan, so be prepared for the japanese cost.
Hi, NYG, thanks a lot
I think that i will not find books wich talk about chinese stories in my country, i'm far far away from china but maybe i'll find web sites help in that
so if you know some of them pls tell me.
i' m so happy to have a friend from China it's the first of my life that i comunicate with someone from this lovely country . Maybe i'll visit it one day. you said that travling to China cheaper then travling to Japan but don't worry i'll work hard to visit bouth .
(#13 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

03-31-2010, 01:30 AM

I once said "こんにちは" (Konnichiwa) in my local chinese store.

guess what?

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
frogman (Offline)
New to JF

04-05-2010, 12:26 PM

I hope we can make friends, ignoring those nationalists and militarists.
The relationship between China and Japan can be better and better.
Shame on NYG.

Last edited by frogman : 04-05-2010 at 12:29 PM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
SenseofTouch (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to SenseofTouch Send a message via MSN to SenseofTouch Send a message via Skype™ to SenseofTouch
04-06-2010, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTakeshi View Post
I once said "こんにちは" (Konnichiwa) in my local chinese store.

guess what?
I once said "你好" (nei ho) in my local japanese store.

guess what?

O===[[:::::SenseofTouch:::::>>