JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Are you vain? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/31143-you-vain.html)

ShiroiHana 03-29-2010 02:40 PM

Are you vain?

Are you vain?

Ahem, it's strange how my opinion on plastic surgery changed. I decided to have one (or two?) when I have the chance (not soon!). I'm just vain enough to want to look better. Love being free! XD

Just sharing.

Naedora 03-29-2010 04:43 PM

to me Natural ftw..

RobinMask 03-29-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiroiHana (Post 806222)
Are you vain?

Ahem, it's strange how my opinion on plastic surgery changed. I decided to have one (or two?) when I have the chance (not soon!). I'm just vain enough to want to look better. Love being free! XD

Just sharing.

Sorry if this is sounds like a criticism, or is maybe too personal a question, but it seems to be that a desire for plastic surgery would make one (typically) as far from being vain as imaginable. If there's something about you that you're desperate to change to look better, then surely it implies you don't think you're attractive enough as you are? To me a desire for plastic surgery is a sign of insecurity. Personally if I could afford it I'd get plastic surgery in a heartbeat, not because I'm 'vain' because if I was then I wouldn't feel the need to change my appearance, but because I'm insecure. I could be wrong, but I just feel a need to change oneself excludes one from being vain ;)

SaintKat 03-29-2010 05:13 PM

About my looks, nah. It doesn't bother me if others are though, horses for courses :D

ShiroiHana 03-29-2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobinMask (Post 806234)
Sorry if this is sounds like a criticism, or is maybe too personal a question, but it seems to be that a desire for plastic surgery would make one (typically) as far from being vain as imaginable. If there's something about you that you're desperate to change to look better, then surely it implies you don't think you're attractive enough as you are? To me a desire for plastic surgery is a sign of insecurity. Personally if I could afford it I'd get plastic surgery in a heartbeat, not because I'm 'vain' because if I was then I wouldn't feel the need to change my appearance, but because I'm insecure. I could be wrong, but I just feel a need to change oneself excludes one from being vain ;)

It may be insecurity as you said. I'm an introvert. But that doesn't contradict the fact that I'm that vain spoiled girl (I hate vanity by the way). That would make sense if you knew what I want to change in my body (but I'm not telling what it is). Many people love that physical feature in me, and I can live with it, but I prefer to live without it if possible. Satisfying myself.

I'm an unpredictable person anyway. I can change my mind so easily! Thanks for your comment =]

ModusOperandi 03-29-2010 07:41 PM

The way I see it, everyone is vain.
The only differences between individuals in this particular subject are the degrees of their vanity. Nothing more, nothing less.

ShiroiHana 03-29-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModusOperandi (Post 806250)
The way I see it, everyone is vain.
The only differences between individuals in this particular subject are the degrees of their vanity. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hmm, interesting! Human nature eh.

SleepAddict 03-29-2010 08:23 PM

Straight up? No I am not.

manganimefan227 03-29-2010 09:29 PM

Since I lost thirty pounds, Nope.

thcuteness 03-29-2010 10:10 PM

I wouldnt consider myself vain, althought it was a hard question to answer.