JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Why do you talk like this? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/31187-why-do-you-talk-like.html)

JackIsLost 04-01-2010 02:21 AM

i wish i was cool... iine!

darksyndrem 04-01-2010 02:36 AM

Doushite?!?!??!?!?!

Dooooouuuuuusshhiiiittteee???!?!!!!?!?!

PockyMePink 04-01-2010 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darksyndrem (Post 806534)
Doushite?!?!??!?!?!

Dooooouuuuuusshhiiiittteee???!?!!!!?!?!

- kimi wo suki natte shimattan darou?????????

*shot*

darksyndrem 04-01-2010 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PockyMePink (Post 806535)
- kimi wo suki natte shimattan darou?????????

*shot*

I should not have lol'd as hard as I did xD

oheygetonskypefoo

Nyororin 04-01-2010 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sitron (Post 806522)
I don't agree with you. BECAUSE I JUST PICKED A RANDOM SITE. IT COULD'VE BEEN ANY JAPAN-RELATED SITE AND ID FIND THE SAME SHIT.

Find an example of it on this site.

Ask the person who does it directly.

Do NOT yell at people who are trying to answer your question - accurately, in my opinion - just because it`s not the answer you want to hear.

Not everyone who has some interest in Japan talks like that. Ask the people who do.

RickOShay 04-01-2010 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sitron (Post 806505)
Whenever I read reviews about anime/manga/jdrama or read something related to it, I come across people that have to put japanese words in their sentences.

Like this:

This are all real examples from Jdorama.com - and what the hell is this!? Why do so many people who're interested in Japanese entertainment act like utter retards?

Can't you just type proper English without the ^_^ kawaii kekkoiii sugu Yamapiii?

Honestly I cannot tell you about people on those sites. I have no idea who they are nor their level of Japanese.
But I will say this, I live in Japan and have for quite some time. And I find myself using Japanese words when talking with other foreigners who can speak Japanese sometimes, despite the fact that we are talking in English. I think my most common words are "keitai", "konbini" and "nomihoudai". Honestly though this is not such an uncommon process I think among people who are learning a language. As for the people on those sites.. who knows,.. they might be just a bunch of kids trying to act cool or whatever. But for me it has just become a habit due to my surroundings and extensive studying of the language.

jbradfor 04-01-2010 04:49 AM

Quote:

This are all real examples from Jdorama.com - and what the hell is this!? Why do so many people who're interested in Japanese entertainment act like utter retards?

I think they do it just to annoy you. And I think it's working.

Columbine 04-01-2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbradfor (Post 806559)
I think they do it just to annoy you. And I think it's working.

Considering OP's behaviour in the thread, I think it's probably deserved.

@Rickoshay: hah! I did that too for a while, when I got home from Japan. Or at least, I kept inadvertently pronouncing words as if they were in katakana. Aisukuri-mu supuun, anyone? That's slightly different though right? That's like a "my brain is so saturated with Japanese I'm actually forgetting certain words in English" scenario. At least, I'm assuming you don't do it because you think that saying it half in japanese makes your opinion somehow more valid.

Aniki 04-01-2010 11:49 AM

Baka トロール.

TalnSG 04-01-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Whenever I read reviews about anime/manga/jdrama or read something related to it, I come across people that have to put japanese words in their sentences.

Can't you just type proper English without the ^_^ kawaii kekkoiii sugu Yamapiii?

On the other hand, why do you read it? If you want proper English or Japanese, why not limit yourself to professional (or at least adult) reviews. It would see to me that this comes with the territory. Any avid fan/groupie is going to adopt jargon reflecting their interests, regardless of accuracy, when posting in internet forums.