JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Ronald McDonald - 04-01-2010, 02:46 AM

Should Ronald Retire or be banned?
If so, should International Branches and Japan McDonalds follow suite?

Why?

Ronald McDonald: Group Says He Promotes Childhood Obesity and Wants Him to Retire - ABC News

Retire Ronald

Retire that clown! - Google News
(#2 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
04-01-2010, 02:55 AM

I think there's a lot bigger things than Ronald promoting obesity in Children....mainly their obese parents. But I've been waiting for them to get rid of that thing for quite some time. God knows he doesn't eat at Mcdonalds, if he did, he would've had a heart attack by now.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
berrypie (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Skype™ to berrypie
04-01-2010, 05:45 AM

I rarely see him in Canada, probably he has been retreated. It seems that nowadays kids have no feeling about him... as there're tons of cartoon characters being produced every year (or even every month? every day?).

Personally I love the Colonel from KFC more than this funny clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyndrem View Post
God knows he doesn't eat at Mcdonalds, if he did, he would've had a heart attack by now.
If he eats Mcdonalds, he won't be as slim as he is now.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-01-2010, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post

Why?

Ronald McDonald: Group Says He Promotes Childhood Obesity and Wants Him to Retire - ABC News

Retire Ronald

No, he should not be retired. Promotes childhood obesity.. whatever... Why does everything have to be somebody else's fault. "Ronald makes kids fat".. no, lazy parents, and bad school systems that do not teach, or provide proper nutrition, or promote exercise make kids fat.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-01-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickOShay View Post
No, he should not be retired. Promotes childhood obesity.. whatever... Why does everything have to be somebody else's fault. "Ronald makes kids fat".. no, lazy parents, and bad school systems that do not teach, or provide proper nutrition, or promote exercise make kids fat.
I agree, but I can't help remember the section in Supersize Me where Kids were shown pictures of typical media characters. All of them could recognise Ronald Macdonald, not all of them could recognise say... Jesus or something.

That's a pretty heavily-ingrained media tool Macdonald's has there. I don't think they should be allowed to weild that kind of thing against kids so freely.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

04-01-2010, 11:38 AM

If it will help reduce obesity in children, then sure, why not, but then again, Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Paris Hilton and plenty of others should be banned from television and radio too.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
04-01-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post

Why?

Retire Ronald

These groups are demanding "corporate accountability", but whatever happened to PARENTAL accountability? There are healthier options at McDonalds, so it the fault of the person paying, not McD's if the kid is obese. It is also the parent's fault that the kid sits all day and doesn't burn off those calories.

They also seem to forget that Ronald McDonald also stands for charitiable care ..... Ronalds McDonald house.

These people need to find something else to waste their time and money on..... like maybe fund raising for ill children?!?!?!

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Michelle1968 (Offline)
New to JF

04-01-2010, 03:45 PM

I couldn't even tell you the last time I saw Ronald McDonald in a McDonald's commercial.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

04-01-2010, 10:45 PM

It's funny how, besides happy meals, the healthy choices are more expensive though . . .

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
berrypie (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Skype™ to berrypie
04-01-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manganimefan227 View Post
It's funny how, besides happy meals, the healthy choices are more expensive though . . .
I totally agree. Why should I pay more for hamster food! (My friend and I call veggies as "hamster food" 'cause I share my salad with my hamster. Of course, no dressing) Frankly speaking, you won't go to Mcdonald for just a salad or apple slices. The only reason I go to Mcdonald and eat is when I want some fries.

Then again, it doesn't really matter if he needs to be retired or not, I think time will fade Ronald out Or someday he will have a new renovation......