(#11 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
04-06-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
All in all although I'm sure you're very much against it, and many people probably wouldn't be inclined to it, I wouldn't say it's a 'pile of poop'. After all it's an activity between consenting adults who have no objections to what is going on, and evidently see it as okay. I'd actually be very interested to hear a swinger's opinion on the matter.
I agree quite strongly with this.
I would never swing myself... But it is something going on between consenting adults. To me, cheating is sneaking around and betraying trust. If all the parties involved know about this and have no objections - there is nothing wrong with it for those individuals. There is no betrayal, therefore no "cheating".
I`ve met a few openly swinging couples (not in Japan) - or rather, two couples who swapped with each other - and they seemed very happy with the situation and quite satisfied with their lives. Who am I to judge what goes on behind closed doors?

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Blitzwing85 (Offline)
マーク - 戦士

04-06-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
Although I don't agree with swinging either, I'm sure there's many 'legitimate' reasons why it could be considered an 'acceptable' activity. In a few cultures polygamous relationships are considered the norm, and I'm sure in some religions such as with Mormons it's encouraged for a man to take multiple wives. There's probably biological explanations too, such as how we're programmed to 'spread our wild oats' kind of thing, but I failed biology and psychology so I'm not qualified to give those kinds of theories.

All in all although I'm sure you're very much against it, and many people probably wouldn't be inclined to it, I wouldn't say it's a 'pile of poop'. After all it's an activity between consenting adults who have no objections to what is going on, and evidently see it as okay. I'd actually be very interested to hear a swinger's opinion on the matter.
Agreed.
I have never swung myself, and never would. But as you say it can't be under the same league as cheating. If 2 people agree to something then that's perfectly fine...even if they agree to swing alone and not necessarily as a couple.

To the OP, i would expect it's less common in Japan because in my understanding 'swinging' is a western thing. (i may be wrong). However it's hardly common in any country.

In many ways i can understand why some people might agree to 'swing'. Think about it, how many relationships fall apart due to lack of trust which leads to arguments? This has largely been brought about due to cheating seemingly becoming normal to people for some reason.
So if a couple both play with others then there is no lack of trust there, no arguments.

Personally i would never want anyone else touching my girlfriend in that way. It's bad enough knowing people have before me!!!

But i have been involved once with another couple (male/female) and also with a bi-sexual female/female couple in the past.
If that's what people want to do, so be it.