LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
DanielSheen (Offline)
JF Regular

04-05-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitron View Post
For the past 18 months I've been learning French. I regret it. It's such a useless language. Yes, they speak it in exotic destinations such as Quebec, and a few African countries I'll never visit. I already speak German, Norwegian and English, so I don't know why I opted for French. The time wasted on this rather useless language could've been spent learning Japanese which I find more interesting.
Ugh tell me about it. From the time a poor Canadian child hits grade 1, till they leave grade 9 they are forced to suffer for between 20mins to a hour and a half a day learning a pathetic language, none of canada speaks, except for qubec.

More people speak Japanese in the world than speak french. French are just sissies that they couldn't get all of canada, so they are trying to work their way into the world slowly by making everyone learn french.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-05-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSheen View Post
Ugh tell me about it. From the time a poor Canadian child hits grade 1, till they leave grade 9 they are forced to suffer for between 20mins to a hour and a half a day learning a pathetic language, none of canada speaks, except for qubec.

More people speak Japanese in the world than speak french. French are just sissies that they couldn't get all of canada, so they are trying to work their way into the world slowly by making everyone learn french.
And yet, English is also a decreasing language. Thanks to immigrants speaking Arabic, Korean, Chinese (of any dialect), and Slavic languages. In America, there are so many Spanish and Chinese speakers.

English too is a dying language in North America.

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.