JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#61 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

05-12-2010, 11:39 PM

Hooray for Civilness!

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#62 (permalink))
Old
amandabenami (Offline)
JF Regular

05-19-2010, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyMePink View Post
You can't "become Asian".
Ever.
Unless you zap yourself into a Sci-Fi world where you can mutate your already existing DNA. But would we really use such an amazing ability just to make ourselves Asian? That would hardly be worth it.

There are also American practices that are more civilized compared to Asian practices. Most cultures today are equally as civilized as the next.
i said that the he's becoming "part asian" i quote part. and with regards to the civilized trait i said "a few"

yeah most cultures today are equally civilized.
(#63 (permalink))
Old
ishikawa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-09-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSheen View Post
I live in Canada. Everyone takes off their shoes off at the door. I always thought that was normal for every country. Its often mentioned that in "Japan they want you to take off shoes at the door". Its mentioned as if thats soooo weird.

Is there even a country where this is not custom? It seems strange to even think that somewhere out there someone would actually let someone walk around in shoes , getting floors all dirty.
Hey. That's cool. Canada does it as well. xD

I was raised on that since I live here in Hawaii and the Japanese immigrants working for plantation introduced it and it became a normal culture thing and being polite.

But yes. US for example. Mainland. Not everybody, depending on your culture but yeah. It does gross me out on the, you're getting everything dirty. DX

Or taking a shower in the morning. That's also gross.
(#64 (permalink))
Old
Shizu (Offline)
JF Regular

06-29-2010, 08:22 PM

It's an interesting thread, because for example, I live in a small country in the middle of Europe...
And in my whole family, this is obvious to take off your shoes when you enter someone's house. Next to the door we have a small carpet where you take off them, and after that you leave there or we put them into a small ... armoire (?? I don't know the right word).

We usually do this in my whole family, and most of my friends' family, but we are not Japanese...

So I think this isn't only Japanese 'thing'