JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
blind89 (Offline)
Banned

Wonder why my topic is deleted - 04-26-2010, 01:59 PM

I create a topic which discusses Japanese culture... And it will be deleted without any announcement. Also, I receive a private message ( I don't know whose is it, may be mod?), whose content is "Go Fuck Yourselves". Is this the usual way people behave at the forum? And is member only allowed to discuss good things of japan and praise it? Bad things of Japan are banned here? Is it right? I doubt that this topic is also deleted hahaha.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
robhol (Offline)
Can I eat him??

04-26-2010, 02:05 PM

If you don't know why it was deleted, (which I suspect that you might,) try reading the rules. Still nothing? Try applying some common sense. If you've still got nothing, maybe you could explain what this topic of yours was about.

I, for the record, have nothing to do with moderating this site.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-26-2010, 02:07 PM

Usually people that just join up and post things in such a way as to invoke an argument (as you did) are nothing more than trolls. Which is what you probably are.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

04-26-2010, 02:11 PM

I would like to know the content of this post. My only guess would be that you put negative remarks or begged for a girlfriend.

Hope that that is not what happened and that you cabe fun on this forum though.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-26-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blind89 View Post
I create a topic which discusses Japanese culture... And it will be deleted without any announcement. Also, I receive a private message ( I don't know whose is it, may be mod?), whose content is "Go Fuck Yourselves". Is this the usual way people behave at the forum? And is member only allowed to discuss good things of japan and praise it? Bad things of Japan are banned here? Is it right? I doubt that this topic is also deleted hahaha.
To my knowledge the forum allows open, costructive discussion on all matters. The other posters who've replied to you have made good points, and if you read the rules you should see what error you committed. If - after reviewing the rules - you are still unsure what you did wrong then I'd suggest private messaging a moderator and asking them. The moderators should be able to tell you what rule you broke and why the thread was taken down.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
04-26-2010, 02:51 PM

I can assure you that the PM you received was not from a mod.
I checked the thread that was removed, and can tell you why it was. You were blatantly trolling, posting incorrect information to try and get a rise out of people, and pushing into spam territory. We get tons of spammers who post message after message after message of posts like yours, so take a hard line on removing the posts.

If you want discussion - try contributing in a NORMAL manner to other threads instead of starting threads out of the blue that toss around misinformation, spout extreme urban legends, and that have no possible purpose other than to troll... And maybe you`ll be taken more seriously. A first post like that says only that you are trolling, not trying to start any sort of discussion.

If you have any more complaints, feel free to PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiki View Post
My only guess would be that you put negative remarks or begged for a girlfriend.
You hit it on the head. A bunch of recycled urban legends and extreme negativity, followed by a "so what do you think of Japan now?"
I have a feeling this new user will not be around for long.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
Closed Thread