JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Sakura1986 (Offline)
New to JF

Unhappy Human Rights in Japan - masters - 04-30-2010, 10:35 AM

Hello All!

I'm Natalia from Poland. I'm writing right now a dyplom paper about human rights in Japan, and have a really big problem with that ( because in my country there's no information about that topic. I have a HUGE REQEST! Could You send me any informations about human rights i Japan? Any links, infos or other useful things. I will be really grateful for that !! Thank You for helping me, a poor student like me

Wish You All A Great Day ;*

Sakura_1986
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-30-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura1986 View Post
Hello All!

I'm Natalia from Poland. I'm writing right now a dyplom paper about human rights in Japan, and have a really big problem with that ( because in my country there's no information about that topic. I have a HUGE REQEST! Could You send me any informations about human rights i Japan? Any links, infos or other useful things. I will be really grateful for that !! Thank You for helping me, a poor student like me

Wish You All A Great Day ;*

Sakura_1986
I'm sorry, are you saying you're a ~MASTERS~ student and you don't know how to find your own research materials? Fair enough there might not be much on the subject in Polish, but most people here would only be able to link you to materials in English anyway. And if we can find them, you can. Have you spoken to your library or tutor about this? Ask if your degree provider has Athens accounts for it's students.

Try Google Scholar.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Sakura1986 (Offline)
New to JF

04-30-2010, 12:38 PM

Yes I know that all the informations are in english and that's ok, because that's not a big problem for me. The problem however is, that I didnt found so many informations even in english. I thought some of You maybe know or have some articles about my topic. I really don't want to go to the easy way, but I've search so long and have not so many info. I think the Wikipedia site has a great and big article about my topic, but it's not enought for the masters work ( If there is somenthing You can do for me I will be very gratefull! I also search in my schcool but I've found a very short and smal peace of information.. I don't know what to do (
(#4 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

04-30-2010, 12:54 PM

Check the amnesty international website and/or contact them direclty!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-30-2010, 02:28 PM

...and please question the accuracy of what you see in Wikipedia; since the information on that site can be changed by whoever wants to, there is a tendency for much of the information on that site to be false.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-30-2010, 05:39 PM

No one who uses Wikipedia as a source should be getting a Masters Degree.

Japan | Amnesty International

Human rights in Japan: a top 10 for '09 | The Japan Times Online

MOFA: Human Rights
(#7 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

04-30-2010, 07:40 PM

That's not fair, MMM. Using wikipedia as A source is fine, the problem comes when you use it as your onlly or main source!
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-30-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
That's not fair, MMM. Using wikipedia as A source is fine, the problem comes when you use it as your onlly or main source!
You can use it as a plAce to find other sources but I would be suspicious of any teacher accepting Wikipedia itself as a source.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Sakura1986 (Offline)
New to JF

04-30-2010, 08:26 PM

Don't worry, for me wikipedia is only a little piece of source, because I don't want to write my paper thanks to this site! It's only helping me to write my whole plan of my work, nothing more Thank You for the help, I really apreciate it! I've writed to amnesty internationale of my country, english and of course japanese. I hope they will help me to. I've checked their sites and some of the infos are gonna be helpful to me as well Eh I hope this topic wont dash my masters O_o Thanks again !

Sakura
(#10 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

04-30-2010, 09:59 PM

What you can do: Teachers can slap a students behind if caught sitting on a desk

-Eat shrimp for breakfast and be considered normal.

-Be comepletely naked in water with many people of the same gender in a public place and be considered normal

-You cannot go on Yaoi rages and hit non-supporters with yaoi paddles.

Yep, Human rights are very interesting there . . .

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.

Last edited by manganimefan227 : 04-30-2010 at 10:06 PM.