JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
antone (Offline)
New to JF

Bringing a band to Japan - 04-30-2010, 07:22 PM

I have been asked to do preliminary research on the feasibility of bringing a band from the U.S. to Japan.

The promoter is taking care of travel and housing, but the other band-related stuff- such as renting guitar amps, keyboards, drums, and a sound system (since it would be too expensive to ship the band's stuff over) has been left to me to specify what will be needed. The initial plan is to rent Yamaha drums, keyboards and sound system, but I don't know what is readily available as rentals for guitar/bass guitar amplifiers. (Unfortunately my only experience with Japanese-manufactured guitar amplifiers has been Yamaha and Elk.)

Is there someone who could direct me to working Japanese rock musicians who would be wiling to fill me in on what's available?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JTM (Offline)
おしゃべり野郎

07-09-2010, 11:42 PM

Not sure if you are still in need of information but Ishibashi Music is one of the larger Music supply stores in Japan and might be able to assist you will getting equipment

Ishibashi Music

Shimamura Music is another good store:

Shimamura Music

I'm not too familiar with this website but MusicBizJapan is a website community for musicians in Japan. You might be able to get advice there:

MUSIC BiZ - Japan Music Industry Networking