JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
delishas14 (Offline)
New to JF

japanese documents - 05-13-2010, 09:56 PM

hi,the german authority is asking me a marriage certificate and a divorce certificate from japan ,cos i was married before with a japanese citizen and died last 2 years ago,porpusly to register my baby here in germany so now i send a letter to japan and they send me the koseki tohon,i gave it here in the cityhall in germany but they dont accept it and it has already apostilled,they want all documents separated just a marriage contract and a divorce contract,does in japan have this kind of documents? But what evidence do I as a foreigner have that a divorce has taken place? For example if I want to get married in another country I will have to show some kind of evidence that I am not married.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-19-2010, 04:21 PM

Get the JApanese divorce document
(#3 (permalink))
Old
JTM (Offline)
おしゃべり野郎

07-03-2010, 02:06 AM

I'm a bit confused...were you married in Japan or Germany? Did you divorce your spouse prior to their death or are you widowed?

If you were married in Japan, you should have been issued some sort of certificate by the Ward Office of the Prefecture you and your husband resided in (you had to have registered there in order to get married in the first place).

I'm not sure what German Laws require but here is some information that the American Embassy lists regarding marriage in Japan. You may need to check with the German Embassy in Japan to see if it is similar or if there are other processes that you need to follow to obtain the records pertaining to your marriage/divorce in Japan.

Marriage in Japan

Deutsche Botschaft Tokyo - Startseite

Perhaps your husband's family can help you in trying to obtain that information?

Last edited by JTM : 07-03-2010 at 02:08 AM.