JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Brass (Offline)
JF Regular

Is there a website where I can meet japanese guys (no homo)? - 05-18-2010, 10:00 PM

I'm looking for a site where I can maybe penpal with some guys in Japan and possibly stay with them (again, no homo) when I come visit and he can help me get immersed with Japanese culture and just hang out with me while I'm there and also help me out with picking up Japanese girls.

I am looking for this because I have been trying to go to Japan for years with some of my friends but they are always broke and always come up with some kind of excuse (usually relating to money) as to why they can't go. I am fed up with it and want to just go by myself.

I want to go at least 2 times a year, maybe for a week each time. During summer and during winter or something along those lines. I'm looking to slowly get acclimated to Japanese life, culture, and women, and I think having a friend in japan I can hang out with would be very useful and I make a new friend on top of that.

I know there are tons of penpal websites but is there something more geared to people who plan to make friends with them in real life?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

05-18-2010, 10:32 PM

http://japaneselifestyle.worldfriends.tv/

The only one I know about for that purpose.

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Brass (Offline)
JF Regular

05-18-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTakeshi View Post
http://japaneselifestyle.worldfriends.tv/

The only one I know about for that purpose.
Woo, site looks very interesting, I'm going to sign up tonight.

Thanks for the quick response!!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
JTM (Offline)
おしゃべり野郎

07-07-2010, 10:23 PM

I'm not too sure that just talking with and having a penpal in Japan will automatically guarantee you a rent free place to crash while visiting there.

I dunno but I think it's a lot to ask of someone who isn't a best friend or relative especially if you will be staying with them for a couple of days or perhaps a week. Not many will agree to something like that especially if it's someone you've only met online (not to mention dangerous).

I think it might make more sense to try and stay at a "gaijin house", "guest house" or other similar housing arrangement. They aren't all that bad and aren't like the "capsule hotels" or other "hostel" type places you may have read about. They also do not require a Japanese guarantor or local contact.

Might be worth considering rather than crashing some stranger's place.

Home
http://www.freesianet.co.jp/gaijin/
Guest house Tokyo - Gaijin house

Last edited by JTM : 07-07-2010 at 10:26 PM.