JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Adan (Offline)
New to JF

LOST, Series Finale. - 05-24-2010, 07:18 AM

So Lost ended today, it was an good show. I didn't like the fact that many plot points were never explained.
Sure, the last 15 minutes of "The End" were pretty wretched, and that's when I gave up all hope that this was going to turn into something awesome. But rewind an hour and a half, to the moment when I suddenly realized I didn't give two craps whether Desmond pulled a rock out of a hole. Or whether Jack put a rock back into that same hole, I just didn't care.

I ask, no, I plea to any member who saw the show to help me understand this unanswered question.

1. Why does the island move?
2. Who made the huge four-toed statue?
3. Why does it only have four toes?
4. Why is the island a super-magnet?
5. Where did Jacob’s and Smokey’s step-mother come from
6. Who taught Jacob the secrets of the island?
7. How did the Dharma Initiative construct massive complexes?
8. How did the Dharma Initiative learn about the island?
9. How could Richard travel off the island?
10. Why did Smokey need Locke’s body when there are plenty of corpses around?
11. Why can’t Smokey just fly over the sonar fence?
12. Why does a ring of ash protect against Smokey?
13. How does Walt figure into the end-game?
14. What’s the significance of the numbers and how are the connected to Jacob?
14. So what was the alternative reality?
15. Why were they missing people in the church? They were part of the alternative reality and the group in the island.

Oh well, perhaps we were never meant to know those now trivial, yet important, aspects of Lost.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-24-2010, 07:42 AM

I am still trying to figure it out myself. I don't think we were going to get answers to all the questions, as a lot of those questions were made moot by the idea that the island was a stop-off to the "heaven" by everyone that died on Oceanic 815.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
05-24-2010, 03:46 PM

So glad the show ended!!! I could not understand that show for the life of me!! Hated it ever since it came on.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-24-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukisUke View Post
So glad the show ended!!! I could not understand that show for the life of me!! Hated it ever since it came on.
Totally agree with you. I watched the first half of the first series and just couldn't get into it, it was too slow-paced and convoluted for my liking. After reading the latest spoilers to the final episode I'm glad I didn't stick at it! There's too many unanswered questions, and the whole 'it's really purgatory' angle has been done so much it's nearly cliche as 'it's all a dream'.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-24-2010, 05:16 PM

I think it will go down as probably one of the best series ever on television. The reason it worked as well as it did was not the story as much as the depth of the characters. There has never been a show like it and it was able to make some daring shifts over its six seasons. Naturally this is all just personal opinion, but I do think now that it is over it is worth giving a look on DVD.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Undertherose25 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-24-2010, 08:09 PM

I half expected it to be a dream, via the dog. I hated the show since day one...I'm glad its over.

♥Proud Wife of a U.S. Airman♥

Dir en Grey
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Adan (Offline)
New to JF

05-24-2010, 08:42 PM

While I respect the opinions of the members here, I don't understand why here, and on other forums, people that were "not" fans are glad the show is over.
Is not like the money to produce the show came out of their pockets, is not like they were forced to see a show they did not like, is not like Lost was the only show that was on during that time. So why be glad that something that millions of people did like ended? You might have not liked the show, you might have hated the show, and maybe you just didn't understand it, but the fact is that is was a good show, I get that you didn't like it, but millions of fans who did can't be wrong. I never saw or liked "Sex in the city", "The Sopranos", "The Brady bunch" , just to mention a few, but I wasn't "glad" they ended, I know they ended but have no idea when did they actually end. Not just because I didn't like those shows it meant they were no good. They had a big and faithful following, but I just didn't like those shows, and by no means was glad they ended.

Last edited by Adan : 05-24-2010 at 09:56 PM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

05-24-2010, 09:04 PM

1. Why does the island move?

It got tired being in the same old place.

2. Who made the huge four-toed statue?

People did, back in the stone age.

3. Why does it only have four toes?

Apparently they only knew how to count to four when they were making it. Evolution takes time you know.

4. Why is the island a super-magnet?

5. Where did Jacob’s and Smokey’s step-mother come from?

Do I really have explain how human reproduction process works?

6. Who taught Jacob the secrets of the island?

Well duh! You too would learn all the secrets about the island in which you're stuck for centuries.

7. How did the Dharma Initiative construct massive complexes?

Seriously, you never seen a building being constructed?

8. How did the Dharma Initiative learn about the island?

Good question.

9. How could Richard travel off the island?

It turns out Jakob forgot to tell him that he can leave the island whenever he wants.

10. Why did Smokey need Locke’s body when there are plenty of corpses around?

There were no corpes that had Locke's sexy eyes.

11. Why can’t Smokey just fly over the sonar fence?

Because Smokey is afraid of heights. Nobody's perfect you know.

12. Why does a ring of ash protect against Smokey?

Smokey's allergic to ash.

13. How does Walt figure into the end-game?

???

14. What’s the significance of the numbers and how are they connected to Jacob?

What kind of show about a mysterious super magnetic island with a smoke monster and people who don't age would be if it didn't have mystic numbers that mean nothing along with it?

15. So what was the alternative reality?

It's a happy place where people go after they go through a freaky adventure on a mysterious Island.

16. Why were they missing people in the church? They were part of the alternative reality and the group in the island.

Again ???
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Adan (Offline)
New to JF

05-24-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I am still trying to figure it out myself. I don't think we were going to get answers to all the questions, as a lot of those questions were made moot by the idea that the island was a stop-off to the "heaven" by everyone that died on Oceanic 815.
I know, and I hate that they came up with all this strange events that somehow seemed crucial for the development of the story and its characters and we will never know why and how they occurred.

And about the whole idea about everyone being dead at the island, have you ever heard or read about a short story called "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge"? In the fewest words possible, is about a Confederate sympathizer who gets capture and sentence to death by hanging. As his body begins to fall, the noose breaks, he swims unharmed and heads back home to meet his wife, just as soon as he begins to embrace his wife he some how gets transported back to where he was being hanged and dies at the noose. It seems the he never escaped the noose, it was all a part of his imagination.

Do you think that the same thing happen to the passengers of Oceanic 815?
That they really did not survive the accident and since they all died the same way, they experienced the same illusion of survival as a whole?
And that the Church/Alternative reality was merely a purgatory of sorts where they could all meet and move on as a whole?

That's what I think, I might not be correct but I'm sticking to my story dammit!

After all, the show ended exactly as it began, by Jack on the ground in the bamboo field. Only difference was that this time the dog kept him company.

Last edited by Adan : 05-24-2010 at 09:24 PM.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

05-25-2010, 02:54 AM

Now I am ionterested in watching this show.