JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Ur Opinion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/32245-ur-opinion.html)

UAE20 06-06-2010 05:59 PM

Ur Opinion

HI Folks,

Wanna to know what people thinks of United Arab Emirates country

If some one before visited this country could you PLZ tell me How do you

felt about the places,People behaviors,....etc

In other words: what do you think about Emiriti People Frankly:

Next December I will be there visiting that country

It's my real Country but I never lived there more than three months

because my MOM Nationality is diffrent>>>>>

samurai007 06-06-2010 10:52 PM

This is a board about Japan, but still most posters have never visited Japan. I think very few, if any, will have ever been to the UAE...

JayT 06-06-2010 11:13 PM

^Incorrect

My aunt used to work for Air Emirates as a flight attendant and she was living in Dubai for quite some time. I visit the year before last and It's quite a cool city. It's amazing how it pretty much came out of no where, it's very modern and built up. Lot's of money resides there but that is pretty obvious. I feel the people are quite showy but that is how a lot of arabs are with their wealth.

I still prefer Tokyo and Cairo though :)

Why the thumbs down, do you not like it there?

Sangetsu 06-07-2010 05:01 AM

A couple of my friends are on long-term assignments in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, and they don't have anything bad to say about either place. I'm tempted to take my next holiday there.

JessX 06-07-2010 09:48 AM

I plan to go there. Do women there necessarily have to wear Abaya?

Columbine 06-07-2010 10:00 AM

My eldest cousin spent a not-inconsiderable time working in Dubai. He really liked it, but I suspect it was the sort of city that really suited his personality. A bit 'loadsamonneh~'. From what I hear, it sounds a pretty interesting place even if it doesn't appeal to me personally. Also I do wonder if the kind of Dubai I hear about is really representative of the real UAE; I've travelled a fair bit and usually the capital city doesn't hold the full picture of a country. My cousin thought seemed to find the people there to be very nice, but inevitably, I think there were aspects of the culture that grated on him after a time.

I think possibly, UAE gets overlooked by a lot of people, especially women, as there's a lot of misinformation/assumptions about arab culture and what's expected of foreign visitors. Everything you hear about UAE is about giant new hotels and things as well, so it's not quite like other countries in that certain tourist attractions (historical features, sites of natural beauty, for example) are common knowledge. It's kind of seen as a place you go to for business or rich people go to swank in fancy hotels and blow wads of cash in the shopping malls, not an average holiday.