JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Rice (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Rice
06-21-2010, 01:21 AM

That's really neat that you love anime! I've been addicted since I was a kid and a few years back I got my dad addicted and he probably watches more anime than me now @_@;; Speaking of which, he's watching something on his laptop right now. XD
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Luckkiss (Offline)
New to JF

06-21-2010, 04:19 AM

Hooray for you! My mum is cool with anime tho she doesn't watch it. I hope your sons appreciate the interests you share.

Approach the world with open arms and you'll either be cuddled or crushed... I think I know which is more likely...
(#13 (permalink))
Old
JTM (Offline)
おしゃべり野郎

06-21-2010, 10:16 PM

I'm always surprised at the number of Anime that have shown in the Philippines throughout the years. I know that some of the older Japanese anime like "Voltes V" (Chodenshi Machine Voltes Five; 1977) and "Daimos" (Tosho Daimos; 1978) were cult favorities. Tokusatsu (Japanese Live Action Sci-Fi) TV was also pretty big in the Philippines with "Bioman" (Chodenshi Bioman; 1983) being a well viewed one.

While "Gintama" and "Deathnote" are good series, you should watch some of the more drama oriented anime like "Nana" or "Maison Ikkoku" which were almost like soap operas. A lot of the anime films are also pretty good like "Summer Wars", "Toki O Kakeru Shojo" or many of the Miyazaki films like "Tonari No Totoro".