JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
mio2010 (Offline)
New to JF

Im a mom and I am addicted to Japanese anime - 06-08-2010, 12:09 AM

Hello there,

I was once upon a time a mom who likes to cook, clean, do house chores and take care of my family. Then I have 2 sons who influence me to watch anime and ever since then I am hook to watch it with my sons. Here are some of the anime that I have been watching recentlly. K-ON, Shugo Chara, Hayate, Vampire Knight, Ouran High School Host Club, Gintama and Deathnote.

My first eldest son is so hook on Japanese culture and he even taught himself to make sushi at home. Believe it or not I live in Philippines and my sons can speak and read little bit of Japanese. They learn it from watching Japanese anime. I love watching Japanese anime because I learn something from it.

(#2 (permalink))
Old
honoraryjapanesegirl (Offline)
Holy Dattebayo, Batman!!

Send a message via Yahoo to honoraryjapanesegirl
06-08-2010, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mio2010 View Post
Hello there,

I was once upon a time a mom who likes to cook, clean, do house chores and take care of my family. Then I have 2 sons who influence me to watch anime and ever since then I am hook to watch it with my sons. Here are some of the anime that I have been watching recentlly. K-ON, Shugo Chara, Hayate, Vampire Knight, Ouran High School Host Club, Gintama and Deathnote.

My first eldest son is so hook on Japanese culture and he even taught himself to make sushi at home. Believe it or not I live in Philippines and my sons can speak and read little bit of Japanese. They learn it from watching Japanese anime. I love watching Japanese anime because I learn something from it.

Have a great day!

~HonoraryJapaneseGirl~

~...Why must the different be cast away, be cast into a deep, dark pit of loneliness, being mocked and scorned as the the enemy...and eventually...become it...?~
~HonoraryJapaneseGirl~
~.::{Akatsuki Clan Member--Leader of California}::.~
~.::{Michiko Manami}::.~

(#3 (permalink))
Old
Lehxra (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Lehxra
cool - 06-08-2010, 02:21 AM

That makes you a pretty cool mom!

I'd be a rock star if I could....but I suppose I'm too bi-polar.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
CoreyLynn (Offline)
JF Regular

06-08-2010, 02:25 AM

Haha, my sister and I love anime,
and we were able to get my
mom and dad hooked on it as well.

They absolutely love Fullmetal Alchemist(:Brotherhood), and Naruto.
I love it when I'm able to share interests like that with them, so I think that it's amazing that you're able to bond with them in that way too.

: D

Best wishes!
^^

BlissfulGold

~~~

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."

---Marilyn Monroe
(#5 (permalink))
Old
honoraryjapanesegirl (Offline)
Holy Dattebayo, Batman!!

Send a message via Yahoo to honoraryjapanesegirl
06-08-2010, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Hello there,

My own Mom is like that actually. Every week she'll watch new episodes of anime, and manga chapters with me. Lol...she also loves to discuss new theories of different characters, and such. She's so awesome. We even have our own inside jokes about certain things in different manga and anime...lol...She even requests One-Shots from me!! LOL!! She's great. I'm glad to find that there are other Moms who are gettin' into it, too!!

~HonoraryJapaneseGirl~

~...Why must the different be cast away, be cast into a deep, dark pit of loneliness, being mocked and scorned as the the enemy...and eventually...become it...?~
~HonoraryJapaneseGirl~
~.::{Akatsuki Clan Member--Leader of California}::.~
~.::{Michiko Manami}::.~

(#6 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
06-08-2010, 03:12 AM

(#7 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

06-08-2010, 03:26 AM

When I began studying macroeconomics along with business (concentrated in Japan) in college, I naturally inherited some general interest in Japanese culture. My mother was perfectly fine with that, but sincerely asked me if I was going to "turn into one of those anime losers?" I reassured her that I have no interest in that side of Japanese culture, but I still rofl at that today. Needless to say, she's been influenced by the stereotypical introvertedness of many of today's Japan-culture youth, which I guess is somewhat unfortunate.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

06-08-2010, 03:58 AM

That really is nice! An awxome way to bond!

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
06-11-2010, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Hello there,

(#10 (permalink))
Old
NymphetLoli (Offline)
New to JF

06-21-2010, 01:10 AM

That's awesome
Wish my mom liked anime. Hah...